Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,848

1 members and 2,847 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

49 61.25%
  • Ah heck no

31 38.75%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Ok, took me a while to weigh in on this.
    Seeing as I cook for a living I should be able to answer this almost definitively, but obviously not everybody is going to like the same food. I mean, there are people who don't like ANY seafood. I can't go 3 days without eating seafood.

Soooo...back to the pineapple on pizza debate:
    I originally tried a "traditional" Hawaiin pizza years ago and didn't really care for it...but then....I tried it from a local pizza shop who has an unusually sweet sauce (orange soda is the secret ingredient in their pizzza sauce... sshhhhh!!) and it ROCKED!!!!
    I've since tried it with:
    Banana peepers added - yup, delicious!!!
    Bacon instead of ham = awesome!!!
    BBQ sauce in place of pizza sauce = solid.
    BBQ, bacon, banana peppers = soooooo good!!!
    My favorite is the sweet pizza sauce, pineapple, bacon and banana peppers....and now I'm hungry!!!
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 01-13-2018 at 11:59 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dylan815 (01-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Does pineapple belong on pizza??!!

Licorice pineapple pizza is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Ok, took me a while to weigh in on this.
    Seeing as I cook for a living I should be able to answer this almost definitively, but obviously not everybody is going to like the same food. I mean, there are people who don't like ANY seafood. I can't go 3 days without eating seafood.

Soooo...back to the pineapple on pizza debate:
    I originally tried a "traditional" Hawaiin pizza years ago and didn't really care for it...but then....I tried it from a local pizza shop who has an unusually sweet sauce (orange soda is the secret ingredient in their pizzza sauce... sshhhhh!!) and it ROCKED!!!!
    I've since tried it with:
    Banana peepers added - yup, delicious!!!
    Bacon instead of ham = awesome!!!
    BBQ sauce in place of pizza sauce = solid.
    BBQ, bacon, banana peppers = soooooo good!!!
    My favorite is the sweet pizza sauce, pineapple, bacon and banana peppers....and now I'm hungry!!!
    Sounds amazing, where did you go to school to be a chef?
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    I feel like the only way to settle this is to have an Anchorman style battle in a park somewhere
    Remember, no touching of the face and hair!

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dylan815 View Post
    Sounds amazing, where did you go to school to be a chef?
    I didn't. I started working in restaurants at 14 and just worked my way up. I was actually a bartender for most of 14 years who loved working with food. Then I transitioned to the kitchen about 7 years ago. Now I'm the kitchen manager for 3 small restaurants. It's actually a very unique situation, as all 3 are in one building and all of the food comes out of 1 kitchen.

Thanks

I didn't. I started working in restaurants at 14 and just worked my way up. I was actually a bartender for most of 14 years who loved working with food. Then I transitioned to the kitchen about 7 years ago. Now I'm the kitchen manager for 3 small restaurants. It's actually a very unique situation, as all 3 are in one building and all of the food comes out of 1 kitchen.
    wow, thats awesome. I think i am going to be going to cullinary school in the fall of next year. I just graduated high school early yesterday.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated

Banned
    Thanks

wow, thats awesome. I think i am going to be going to cullinary school in the fall of next year. I just graduated high school early yesterday.
    Congrats!!!!

Culinary school is great, assuming that's the career you choose. I absolutely love what I do, however, my only real complaint is the schedule can burn you out. If you're ok working nights, weekends and holidays and not seeing friends and family who work "regular" day jobs it's great.

It definitely takes a different kind of person to choose this career. I actually love the chaos at times and thrive on it even. You'll have to get used to everybody needing everything 5 minutes ago, multitasking, constant burns and cuts, working 10+hours on your feet without a break, etc...

But...I honestly love it. Everything above might sound like I'm trying to steer you away, but it's actually just me being real with you. Those are the negatives culinary school and TV won't tell you. If you're prepared for all that and love working with people and working with food it can be a great career. It's always evolving on some levels and will never be obsolete. You'll have work as long as you want.

Oh, one last thought: I'll be 39 next week and am already noticeably slower than I used to be. But, I've put in my time in the industry and am able to expedite busy nights and don't work the line all that often anymore, which is FANTASTIC!!!

Thanks

Congrats!!!!

Culinary school is great, assuming that's the career you choose. I absolutely love what I do, however, my only real complaint is the schedule can burn you out. If you're ok working nights, weekends and holidays and not seeing friends and family who work "regular" day jobs it's great.

It definitely takes a different kind of person to choose this career. I actually love the chaos at times and thrive on it even. You'll have to get used to everybody needing everything 5 minutes ago, multitasking, constant burns and cuts, working 10+hours on your feet without a break, etc...

But...I honestly love it. Everything above might sound like I'm trying to steer you away, but it's actually just me being real with you. Those are the negatives culinary school and TV won't tell you. If you're prepared for all that and love working with people and working with food it can be a great career. It's always evolving on some levels and will never be obsolete. You'll have work as long as you want.

Oh, one last thought: I'll be 39 next week and am already noticeably slower than I used to be. But, I've put in my time in the industry and am able to expedite busy nights and don't work the line all that often anymore, which is FANTASTIC!!!
    I definatly understand what you mean about needing things "five minutes ago" and the stress. But i too thrive on the excitement and love the 10 hour days.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated

Banned
    Thanks

I definatly understand what you mean about needing things "five minutes ago" and the stress. But i too thrive on the excitement and love the 10 hour days.
    I'd much rather work four 10-12 hour days and have three days off

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

dylan815 (01-13-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    Licorice pineapple pizza is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just threw up a little bit

13. The Following User Says Thank You to c0r3yr0s3 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (01-13-2018)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast