Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,733

0 members and 2,733 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Future plans.

Thanks

Future plans.

I plan to breed next year once I have everything in place to do so. My plan for my 1st clutch is to hold back a few and rehome the others locally for free. In order for someone to get a baby from me I would need to see and assess their setup. I'd also have to run through husbandry and caresheets with them to make sure they understand. I think this would be the most responsible way to give the noodles new homes.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (11-13-2017),zina10 (11-13-2017)

Thanks

Re: Future plans.

While I like your idea, I just want to give you a few ideas before you reach that point.

Whenever you post a reptile on Craigslist, Facebook, or any other social media site and it says "free", you're going to be attracting a pretty unique crowd. That is not to say you won't find appropriate homes for your snakes, there ARE good keepers out there who will take them. However, whenever I find myself posting something for "free" on Craigslist related to reptiles or not, I often find myself wishing that I hadn't ....simply because the amount of jags (can I say that?) you run into are not worth it.

I would personally advertise the ever-living crap out of them on Morphmarket, Facebook communities, and other social media sources with a small rehoming fee. Normals I would charge $40 (personal preference). When you require people to pony up some $$$ you usually eliminate most of the jokers right away. You might have them a bit longer than you'd like but don't worry, you will find good homes if that is your main concern.

I just think you would find better homes by asking for a small rehoming fee.

OR.....

You could post an ad here and offer them for free to users you trust in exchange for the shipping costs. It's pretty easy to see who is trustworthy on this site.

My $0.02 at least.
    Last edited by KevinK; 11-13-2017 at 04:57 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevinK For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (11-13-2017),zina10 (11-13-2017)

Thanks

Re: Future plans.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    While I like your idea, I just want to give you a few ideas before you reach that point.

Whenever you post a reptile on Craigslist, Facebook, or any other social media site and it says "free", you're going to be attracting a pretty unique crowd. That is not to say you won't find appropriate homes for your snakes, there ARE good keepers out there who will take them. However, whenever I find myself posting something for "free" on Craigslist related to reptiles or not, I often find myself wishing that I hadn't ....simply because the amount of jags (can I say that?) you run into are not worth it.

I would personally advertise the ever-living crap out of them on Morphmarket, Facebook communities, and other social media sources with a small rehoming fee. Normals I would charge $40 (personal preference). When you require people to pony up some $$$ you usually eliminate most of the jokers right away. You might have them a bit longer than you'd like but don't worry, you will find good homes if that is your main concern.

I just think you would find better homes by asking for a small rehoming fee.

OR.....

You could post an ad here and offer them for free to users you trust in exchange for the shipping costs. It's pretty easy to see who is trustworthy on this site.

My $0.02 at least.
    those are both great ideas. I know it's a long way off but i like maing plans and working towards them. if i can improve my plan that's all the better.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pezz For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-13-2017)