Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 257

8 members and 249 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 60,010
Threads: 230,812
Posts: 2,380,387
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Snooted Booper

» February 2018

S M T W T F S
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 1 2 3
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User SDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2017
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 641 Posts

    Odd shed schedule

    I am not worried but this one is new.

    Dante has always been a slow shedder. He generally takes 2 weeks or more to go from pink belly to full shed. He also has slowed down over the years to only shed ever 2-3 months or so. Well he has been favoring his warm hide these past few days and I did not think anything of it but last night I noticed his skin is going grey.

    Just now I walked by and saw him poking out his head and his eyes are in full blue. He shed a month ago and already he is in shed again. He has put on a few grams (ok 100) so I thought a shed might be coming but the odd part of this is he fully skipped going pink. Like he just decided "nope, straight to blue".

    I guess I get to see what the new enclosure does for shed soon.

    Anyone else have any of their snakes skip having a pink belly and just one day out of the ordinary go full blue?
    Last edited by SDA; 11-13-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

    Starscream (11-13-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered User SDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2017
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 641 Posts
    Bonus pic - he likes making a fort out of the substrate

    Last edited by SDA; 11-13-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

    Kcl (11-14-2017),Starscream (11-13-2017)

  5. #3
    Registered User omglolchrisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 147 Times in 120 Posts

    Re: Odd shed schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Anyone else have any of their snakes skip having a pink belly and just one day out of the ordinary go full blue?
    Is it possible that you may have missed the pink belly stage? Or the pink was so subtle you didn't notice it? I ask because when mine started with the pink belly I had to inspect it really really closely to even notice that it had a slight pink tint it was way more subtle than the pictures I've seen. It wouldn't even show up on camera.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

  6. #4
    Registered User SDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2017
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    1,278
    Thanks
    177
    Thanked 1,038 Times in 641 Posts

    Re: Odd shed schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    Is it possible that you may have missed the pink belly stage? Or the pink was so subtle you didn't notice it? I ask because when mine started with the pink belly I had to inspect it really really closely to even notice that it had a slight pink tint it was way more subtle than the pictures I've seen. It wouldn't even show up on camera.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
    Yeah I think what happened is he zoomed passed the pink stage. Usually he looks like boiled salmon but this time It must have not been noticeable even though he was handled a few days before and I always do a belly check when he dances through my arms.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

    omglolchrisss (11-14-2017)

  8. #5
    Registered User omglolchrisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-11-2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    580
    Thanks
    465
    Thanked 147 Times in 120 Posts

    Re: Odd shed schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Yeah I think what happened is he zoomed passed the pink stage. Usually he looks like boiled salmon but this time It must have not been noticeable even though he was handled a few days before and I always do a belly check when he dances through my arms.
    Aww yeah they tend to zoom past things quick when you aren't looking I didn't even see the blue eye stage which is odd because I handle him almost everyday except for the two days after feeding it must have been when I was leaving him alone to digest!

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1