Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,902

1 members and 2,901 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Strange behavior

Last night, I️ was holding my young Tanimbar python, as I️ often do. I️ must have done something to trigger that smart little scrub brain of his, because as soon as I️ put him to bed, he believed I️ was going to feed him. The only thing I️ can think of is that I️ began feeding him with tongs about 3 weeks ago and, for some reason, last night I️ left the tongs on top of his enclosure.

In any case, the greedy little monster just ate 3 days ago, so he was definitely not getting dinner. He is such a lamb outside his viv, but as soon as he crosses the threshold, he turns into a demon. I️ took a couple videos, because I’d never seen him behave this way before. His pupils became extra dilated and he thrashed his tail about like the creature from Alien. Or like some super intense caudal luring attempt. At one point, his own tail startles him and he turns on it! I’ve seen him accidentally wrap his tail around his face before and scare himself. Is he really that derpy or is his tail a separate alien entity?! Anyone seen their snake do this before?!

https://youtu.be/XrWtcF-ExzA

https://youtu.be/y-Z8W-om0Iw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (11-14-2017),DavidNDC (11-14-2017),MissterDog (11-14-2017),tttaylorrr (11-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Omg LOL! That is some intense caudal luring My nauta doesn't thrash to that extent, but I think I've seen her do some normal caudal luring before... I usually take it for granted though, since my GTP does it too
    Last edited by redshepherd; 11-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Thanks

Re: Strange behavior

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Omg LOL! That is some intense caudal luring My nauta doesn't thrash to that extent, but I think I've seen her do some normal caudal luring before... I usually take it for granted though, since my GTP does it too
    This was the first time I’d seen him do it! I️ love that he scared himself with his own tail. He was being perfectly lovely until he got back into his home, then turned beast mode on a dime. He acts like I️ never feed him

Thanks
    I don't have any experience with these gorgeous creatures, so I can't comment. But, this little stinker sure was fired up about something, wasn't he!? lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    This was the first time I’d seen him do it! I️ love that he scared himself with his own tail. He was being perfectly lovely until he got back into his home, then turned beast mode on a dime. He acts like I️ never feed him
    Same with mine, but granted I can't just casually take her out to handle anymore (too nervous and feisty). They eat a huge meal and then act like they're starving after 2 days LOL.

Thanks
    If I had more gif making expertise I would make a gif of his mouth opening in the first video. He looks like he's barking and wagging his tail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timelugia View Post
    If I had more gif making expertise I would make a gif of his mouth opening in the first video. He looks like he's barking and wagging his tail.
    Hahaha, he does that all the time in response to food! He’s such a little piggy.

https://youtu.be/QwRnsvXO69E

Thanks
    omg I love him! When he opens his mouth its like "you insert food here!"