Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,210

2 members and 3,208 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

An extended visit

So, I know (/assume) most of the forum goers are American, but in Ontario right now we're having a huge strike for college faculty. At the end of the fourth week right now, with for sure one more to go. Relevant because the bf and I are college students!

So we decided to come home for a bit, since we have for sure at least a week and a half before school starts up again, possibly more. Main reason we hadn't come home yet was the pets, and the 12 hour drive. 98lb dog, two cats, two snakes of our own, one we're taking care of for a friend and a crestie - all in a car lol.

Anyways, got it all sorted out and no one seemed too stressed when we got in yesterday evening and unpacked. Corn and ball were in snake bags, BRB in a deli cup, gecko in a critter carrier, all in a tub wrapped with a towel. Worked pretty well!

The BRB and the corn were past due for feeding, so I offered today. Figured since they were eating I'd offer to the new ball, assuming I'd get a refusal, but he had a good feeding response last time so why not.

Happily, they all ate! Very nice feeling. The BRB also shed last night, I was worried that the travelling would screw up his shed but it all came off beautifully!

Anyways, happy to be home with the zoo, visiting family for a bit. Also happy to have full snakes! Just wanted to share - no one else seems to get what a nice feeling it is to have everyone eat! Even the gecko has a nice dish of Repashy tonight.

Here's a picture of "Reptile Row," and Ry's fresh new skin.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    1.0 Clown Ball Python-Talion 1.0 Granite Corn snake-Howl 1.0 Chocolate Flame Crested Gecko-Garrus
    1.1 Cats-Kit and Mia 0.1 Dog-Jersey

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashleigh91 For This Useful Post:

B.P.'s 4me (11-10-2017),Starscream (11-10-2017)

Thanks

Re: An extended visit

i'm also in Ontario and aware of the strike. I feel badly for students who have paid for tuition and have other expenses and aren't able to attend classes, hadn't thought of it from the perspective of pets and reptiles. Thanks for sharing your experience and photos with us. Your "critters" all all obviously well cared for. Hope you get to enjoy some extra time with "the gang", but that you're able to return to classes soon.