Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,975

0 members and 2,975 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I guess ignorance is bliss.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (11-21-2017),Jus1More (11-21-2017),tegu (11-21-2017),wolfy-hound (11-21-2017)

Thanks
    Yea this is actually getting pretty funny. I hope you will all calm down. I'm just going to get 2 crested geckos and breed them. I still want to do the whole cohabbing thing, but I agree that I should have more experience first. I'd like to say I was just messing with you guys the entire time, but that would be a lie. I really just change my mind constantly which most people would call being flaky. I just like to change my perspective a lot to see if I can do things differently or better. So it's going to be 2 slightly older crested geckos. One male, one female. They'll be able to reach breeding age long before the end of 2018. This idea hasn't been approved yet, but I figured a clearer goal isn't going to result in me not being able to do it as opposed to my other idea. I really hate that I kinda ended up listening to you guys, but whatever. So I'll be posting about breeding the crested geckos on a new post to try and cover up all the criticism a little. And those that really care about my train of thought can just go back and look here. But I'd rather not have this new idea plagued, and rather have it be a place for me learning how to breed them as well as documenting it for my capstone. Well tell me any final grievances if you have them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to skylord0110 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-21-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I hope you know that we are showing concern because we care and it has no bearing on you personally. I can speak for myself only, but believe that others truly want to see your project be a success. However, the majority who have shared their thoughts are older and far more experienced than you are, which is something that you have no control over. You can only learn and gain experience with time. I don't have any experience with pink tongues, but am familiar with them. I do have a fire skink as my only hands on basis for comparison and know a little bit about other species of skinks and just don't see how a crestie would stand a chance with a pink tongue.
    Anyway, best of luck with your project.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (11-22-2017)

Thanks
    I realize you are all well meaning but it would have felt real good to prove you all wrong. I mean it’s ball-pythons.net this place isn’t exactly known for houseing bad people. I’m still going to do the whole cohabing thing, but not until I finish college and have a stable income. Mainly because I doubt I can get away with having anymore reptiles in college than I already do.
    Last edited by skylord0110; 11-21-2017 at 05:21 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Cohabing a Pink Tongue Skink and Crested Gecko

Quote Originally Posted by skylord0110 View Post
    Could you explain to me how one would kill the other in only a week without me noticing? These are small babies. Both docile species that could barely even manage to get their jaws around one another. They both have the ability to get away so I see no reason that either would be able to just instantly kill the other reptile without me noticing and violence.
    Awe look!!! So young and naive.... just doesn't have a clue.....

Thanks

Re: Cohabing a Pink Tongue Skink and Crested Gecko

Awe look. An idiot that doesn’t even have experience with these animals, but pretends to have superior knowledge of them. Correct me if I’m wrong, and you have 20 years of experience with pink tongues and crested geckos. I’m sure you’re just an expert considering how little you originally added to the subject, and how you displayed your supreme knowledge of the subject. It’s not like you just regurgitated things already said without adding anything outside of, “me too!!”. I realize I’m blowing this out of proportion a lot, but just the way you responded just now makes my blood boil. You aren’t adding anything. You are just posting to be obnoxious, and it’s oh so petty and pathetic. You’re original post here was pointless, but still harmless. However this second one is just annoying. But clearly I’m just too ignorant to even comprehend you’re intellect. My mistake.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts
    Awe, look! This thread got itself put in a timeout.

While we have a moment, let's remind everyone of this rule:

3. No Hate Speak. This includes, but is not limited to: cursing; threats of violence; racial, gender, religious, or sexual slurs; personal attacks; and speech intended to cause or further a "flame war" or personal vendetta. This includes vindictive use of the Reputation System and Private Messages. Ultimately, it will be up to the staff (the mods and ultimately the admins) to determine if any given post or thread has crossed these lines.
    A few of you are flying dangerously close to the personal attacks, "flame wars", and personal vendetta line. This stops now.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eric Alan For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (11-22-2017),danielwilu2525 (03-02-2018),dr del (11-23-2017),jmcrook (11-22-2017),mlededee (11-22-2017),PitOnTheProwl (11-22-2017),Stewart_Reptiles (11-22-2017),wolfy-hound (11-22-2017)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345