Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,875

2 members and 2,873 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Re: Need help and opinions on this hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Oh, I know something is "different" about this SuperPastel. Despite there being variations in each morph, I've seen enough of them to know the coloration is way off. But perhaps that just happens sometimes. Maybe some combinations just act funny together, despite not actually creating "new" morphs?

Who knows. But its fun, regardless. To wonder, to research, to discuss and compare

Never heard of a goldblush gene, do you have pictures?
    Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Here is a thread on the board about it. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...sh-Mojave-quot
    It is something that was supposedly discovered by Brian Grundy, who I used to talk with periodically. He was on the board for a short while but his approaches to some things are a little "radical " and he and the board parted ways.

I am just seeing some very odd things come out of one of my phantom lines. That little guy in my icon has gotten this really weird yellow undertone that I have never seen in a purple passion. It is not attractive at all in that combo but it should make some hot babies. Some of his siblings, nieces and nephews also have had unusual amounts of yellow blushing. It all traces back to a single male that was an impulse buy and I do not have a clear lineage on.

If I can get some good light I am going to take a new picture of the boy on the left and see what you guys think.
    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    That is so interesting !!!

If you think about it, such INSANE things have happened with Ball Pythons already. All these discovered genes, morphs and combos! All these variations. Some of them changing appearance in certain combinations.

God knows how many more "subtle" things could be going on, that are never really noticed, or only happen within certain combinations or certain lines.

I think its cool
    i have a Goldblush Mojo.

Brian Gundy is kinda goofy and long in the tooth but u can't argue w/ his results. Marissa, an old forumer/breeder has a a gorgeous, crazy reduced pattern sibling pair from Brian Gundy. pix don't do Goldblush justice.

Edit: anyway but yeah most always look to "dinker" normals for some new trait to prove out. but proven inheritable traits have also been found within morphs like the Goldblush, Jayne line Pastels, etc. and maybe later down the line something in the Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. sooo Zina, u wanna become famous? holdback your Super Pastel bb and prove it out. i wanna see some krazy stuff.
    Last edited by Ax01; 11-09-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (11-09-2017),rufretic (11-09-2017),zina10 (11-09-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    i have a Goldblush Mojo.

Brian Gundy is kinda goofy and long in the tooth but u can't argue w/ his results. Marissa, an old forumer/breeder has a a gorgeous, crazy reduced pattern sibling pair from Brian Gundy. pix don't do Goldblush justice.

Edit: anyway but yeah most always look to "dinker" normals for some new trait to prove out. but proven inheritable traits have also been found within morphs like the Goldblush, Jayne line Pastels, etc. and maybe later down the line something in the Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. sooo Zina, u wanna become famous? holdback your Super Pastel bb and prove it out. i wanna see some krazy stuff.
    You really have a goldblush or are you just making an ax joke?

You guys tease too much. LOL. You both have snakes I am trying to talk you out of.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-09-2017)

Thanks

You really have a goldblush or are you just making an ax joke?

You guys tease too much. LOL. You both have snakes I am trying to talk you out of.
    lol yeah. her name is Zelena: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ce-of-the-Plan (she was in deep shed she i got her). she has a normal Mojo pattern tho but there's something in her eyes: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...t-Time-Outside
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (11-09-2017),zina10 (11-09-2017)

Thanks

lol yeah. her name is Zelena: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ce-of-the-Plan (she was in deep shed she i got her). she has a normal Mojo pattern tho but there's something in her eyes: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...t-Time-Outside
    Ok ax, those pics are beautiful but not helping. LOL All I see is mojo. Would you recognize goldblush if you saw it in another animal? Especially a different morph entirely?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

i have a Goldblush Mojo. :)

Edit: anyway but yeah most always look to "dinker" normals for some new trait to prove out. but proven inheritable traits have also been found within morphs like the Goldblush, Jayne line Pastels, etc. and maybe later down the line something in the Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. sooo Zina, u wanna become famous? holdback your Super Pastel bb and prove it out. i wanna see some krazy stuff. :) ;)
    i was going to say the same thing. These morphs all piped up out of nowhere at some point somewhere. This could be a new mutation, why not. Find someone with a large normal female that is interested as well and put this little guy to the test. It would be real easy to see, you either get all pastels and it proves your guy is just a different looking super pastel. Or, you get pastels and something ‘different’ now that would be exciting and then there would be all kinds of things you could try to play with your new gene, I personally would go right for a super

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (11-09-2017),zina10 (11-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rufretic View Post
    i was going to say the same thing. These morphs all piped up out of nowhere at some point somewhere. This could be a new mutation, why not. Find someone with a large normal female that is interested as well and put this little guy to the test. It would be real easy to see, you either get all pastels and it proves your guy is just a different looking super pastel. Or, you get pastels and something ‘different’ now that would be exciting and then there would be all kinds of things you could try to play with your new gene, I personally would go right for a super
    Yeah Zina, hold it back.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

rufretic (11-09-2017),zina10 (11-09-2017)

Thanks

Ok ax, those pics are beautiful but not helping. LOL All I see is mojo. Would you recognize goldblush if you saw it in another animal? Especially a different morph entirely?
    um maybe. seeing the animal in person would be more helpful tho. (so fly me to the 'Glades?) they have a je ne sais quoi about them Lol. i guess one way to put it, as a hatchling they're black/dark with yellow/bright blushing. they lose they're blacks and gain hues of gold as they mature.

Brian Gundy used to have lotsa pix on his website for comparisons. but his website is like built on 1990's web architecture (lol) and he uses Photobucket (which sucks). the pix he posted on this forum are now broken b/c Photobucket sucks.

post some pix or send them over here.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (11-09-2017)

Thanks

um maybe. seeing the animal in person would be more helpful tho. (so fly me to the 'Glades?) they have a je ne sais quoi about them Lol. i guess one way to put it, as a hatchling they're black/dark with yellow/bright blushing. they lose they're blacks and gain hues of gold as they mature.

Brian Gundy used to have lotsa pix on his website for comparisons. but his website is like built on 1990's web architecture (lol) and he uses Photobucket (which sucks). the pix he posted on this forum are now broken b/c Photobucket sucks.

post some pix or send them over here.
    Maybe I'll do another cross country thing. Stop by Zina's so one of my girls can have a date with Jag, then swing by your place get one of my snakes evaluated then abscond with that cherry bomb of yours. ROFL

I can take a few new pictures, but I need to know what you are looking for so I can get the right shots.

BTW, you would not like my place anyway. The garage is full of motorcycles, the bedroom snakes and the living room guitars and swords. My mother wont' even visit.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 11-09-2017 at 06:39 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

sooo Zina, u wanna become famous? holdback your Super Pastel bb and prove it out. i wanna see some krazy stuff.
    Nope, no desire to become famous, or rich off of BP's I want to keep this a passion and a hobby, never a business.

I don't think its anything new or crazy. I simply think that somehow this Super Pastel got confused and took on the "colors" of a Super Pastel Lesser, while keeping the pattern of a Super Pastel. That is exactly what it looks like.

Nothing all to special there.

It will become someone's treasured pet I just wanted opinions if I should "trust" the coloration, or the pattern. Each says something else

It was a fun discussion and I love pondering that stuff !! Thanks
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Yeah Zina, hold it back.
    Nah, it will just be a odd Super Pastel treasured pet

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'll do another cross country thing. Stop by Zina's so one of my girls can have a date with Jag, then swing by your place get one of my snakes evaluated then abscond with that cherry bomb of yours. ROFL

I can take a few new pictures, but I need to know what you are looking for so I can get the right shots.

BTW, you would not like my place anyway. The garage is full of motorcycles, the bedroom snakes and the living room guitars and swords. My mother wont' even visit.
    Roadtrip
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast