Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,182

3 members and 3,179 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Wifi Security Cams

Thanks! She is a Hypo Butter. I took the camera out though. It was warm and she was quite obviously aware of it. I didn't want to stress her out any. She never seemed too upset with it but did knock it over a few times while inspecting it.
    1.0 Enchi Banana
    1.0 Clown
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Mojave Het. Clown
    0.1 Stinger Bee
    0.1 Black Pewter
    0.1 Hypo Butter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt850 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (10-26-2017)

Thanks

My security cam came in the mail this weekend. It was really cheap and easy to hook up. It wasn't until last night that I was able to see any activity when my BP started to explore his enclosure.

https://www.amazon.com/Wansview-Wire...70_&dpSrc=srch

The only issue I have is where to mount this camera. Currently I have it sitting an inch from the enclosure but I just purchased an iphone mount which will hopefully allow me to get better view. My whole intention was to finally capture my BP feeding since he's such a secretive eater.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Must see pictures of the night vision. I want a camera but usually night vision on them looks like boiled poop. If you can, get a screenshot of the video to show how it looks at night with lights off.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Must see pictures of the night vision. I want a camera but usually night vision on them looks like boiled poop. If you can, get a screenshot of the video to show how it looks at night with lights off.
    Here's two night vision pictures I took last night. There's several settings which you can adjust but these were taken with the defaults. They'll also look better when I figure out the perfect angle to mount the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Motley IMG BCI - (Venom)

1.0 Super Ghost BCI - (Phantom)

1.0 Boxer - (Knox)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-31-2017),SDA (10-31-2017),wolfy-hound (10-31-2017)

Thanks
    that looks really clear. I think I might just pick one up myself. Thanks for the picks and being a guinea pig with that camera! Oh, how is it setting up and getting it connected to wifi?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    that looks really clear. I think I might just pick one up myself. Thanks for the picks and being a guinea pig with that camera! Oh, how is it setting up and getting it connected to wifi?
    Super Easy set up and I've been surprised how easy it is to connect to; whether I'm at work or in another room. I'll be curious to see how you mount yours.

Thanks
    I'll have to find something that works and won't move at night. thinking of finding a goose neck mount with a clip so I can attach it to the table leg. I have to wait until payday however as I am "grounded" for spending so much on the enclosure

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I use my old iPhone as a camera to spy on my dogs during the day when I'm out. Using the free app ManyThing, you can access the camera, change it from front camera to back camera and get notifications on movement or sounds, which you can set the sensitivty and also the range. For my dogs, I block out the lower part of the camera so that the dogs walking around doesn't set off the motion alerts, and I set the sound down super low so if they bark or I leave the TV on, it doesn't constantly tell me about it.

The app is totally free for a month, and then you have to pay for the cooler features($5 a month), the main feature you lose as a non-paying user is the clips they automatically record on an alert. So if you get an alert you can go look immediately, but you can't review the footage that set off the alert.

It does not have night vision, but if you have an old phone laying around, it's basically free. Mine uses my home wifi, stays plugged in and I can check any time.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt850 View Post
    Thanks! She is a Hypo Butter. I took the camera out though. It was warm and she was quite obviously aware of it. I didn't want to stress her out any. She never seemed too upset with it but did knock it over a few times while inspecting it.
    So is she pure white as it looks like in the photo ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

This is the camera that I use. It's fairly cheap and available at most BestBuy's . It has night vision with the option to auto adjust between night and day vision, but I have it set to always be on night. It can also take video in 480 or 720p. It has motion detect and will save videos to an onboard MicroSD card. The free app is free forever and you can live stream, change settings, and watch recorded videos from your phone even if you aren't on the same wifi network as the camera. I have it looking through the end of my glass tank, and the near-IR lights reflect pretty bad on the glass, and it doesn't really pick up my bp's motion unless he's right in front of the camera, but I like being able to watch that he's eating and see that nothing terrible has happened while I'm away from home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast