Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

2 members and 2,917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: Regurgitation - Need Help

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well hope things work out .... normally if there's the slightest bit of interest they will take or eventually .... just as I'm about to give up I try again and they take it , sometimes a few minutes break - then the lights down or off and try again and BAM !!

In fact , the only time I give up is if there is no reaction or interest AT ALL then it's usually due to them going into shed or something ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No such luck

I checked this morning and the rat pup was still laying in the enclosure. Should I continue to try each week w. a new rat pup??

***In summary***

1st time switching from f/t mice to rats - BP regurgitated the pup

Went through the necessary steps (2 weeks off, build back up w/ small mice, etc.... - took the mice w/ no problem)

Reintroduced Rat pups and he rejected in consecutive weeks - although last night he at least showed interest by striking and keeping his head out of the hide during my several attempts.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    you'll need a deep cleaning. regurge smell is horrible.

two weeks until next feed. feed smaller prey.

are your temps where they should be and are you certain of those temps? regurge happens due to stress or too low temps. is it possible something spooked him? could temps be too low?

not the same but i tried to feed Coffee Bean a medium mouse when she was 3g below 200g and she struck but refused it. i'm thinking the meal might have been to big for her, so it could have happened with your guy. just an anecdote.

be sure husbandry is not the source of the regurge. where were your feeders from?
    The temp could have been off since I turned on the AC. My cat, who likes to sit and watch him, could have spooked him.

I buy the feeders from a store that has a good reputation, however, they changed vendors in the last few months. What I don't like is that they are brought in in bulk and handled by the clerks. I worry about hand contamination. Also, what is strange is that when Khyan refused his food 2 weeks ago so did my Ball python. I will toss the feeders and buy new ones. There are many recommendations on this site for online vendors.

I will give Khyan's home a deep clean. The feeder was his usual size, but I will go smaller and see if that helps. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squatsnstilettos View Post
    The temp could have been off since I turned on the AC. My cat, who likes to sit and watch him, could have spooked him.

I buy the feeders from a store that has a good reputation, however, they changed vendors in the last few months. What I don't like is that they are brought in in bulk and handled by the clerks. I worry about hand contamination. Also, what is strange is that when Khyan refused his food 2 weeks ago so did my Ball python. I will toss the feeders and buy new ones. There are many recommendations on this site for online vendors.

I will give Khyan's home a deep clean. The feeder was his usual size, but I will go smaller and see if that helps. Thanks
    Glad you started another thread, this one's fairly old & your situation may be totally different.

The store needs education: if they buy in bulk & then have to partly thaw feeders to separate them, they're causing spoilage...I'd let them know you're having problems!
    VERY good idea to offer smaller feeders next time though (& see my long answer on other thread). Welcome!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456