Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

2 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Morph identification help

Rescued this guy off of Craigslist the own said he’s about three years old and he was feeding him rat pinkies. He’s extremely under weight but I think a little TLC he’ll be okay. Own was selling him as an albino but he clearly has more than one morph. I’m guessi spider, pinstripe, or enchi.

What do do you think?

Thanks

Morph ID Assisstance

Hello everyone! Found this snake at a local pet store. No idea what it is, but I would really like to know because I cannot find anything that looks like it. I've gotten close, but the head pattern is really throwing me off.

According to the employee we talked to, this snake arrived labelled as a "Champagne Spotnose". He didn't believe it and asked a snake knowledgable friend who said "Pewter Spider Lemonblast." I think she's right on the spider lemonblast, but not the pewter. But this little guy seems to have a similar head pattern to a champagne. Really not sure, would love some help with identification.

I have more pictures if y'all need them, but Flickr does not want to let me share them.

(PS I know lots of people have opinions about buying from pet stores instead of breeders, and I see that he has a bad shed. I am planning on quarantining him and helping with the shed. This thread is purely to identify him, not to debate the pitfalls of buying at pet stores, thank you.)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Re: Morph ID Assisstance

Quote Originally Posted by madsdura View Post
    Hello everyone! Found this snake at a local pet store. No idea what it is, but I would really like to know because I cannot find anything that looks like it. I've gotten close, but the head pattern is really throwing me off.

According to the employee we talked to, this snake arrived labelled as a "Champagne Spotnose". He didn't believe it and asked a snake knowledgable friend who said "Pewter Spider Lemonblast." I think she's right on the spider lemonblast, but not the pewter. But this little guy seems to have a similar head pattern to a champagne. Really not sure, would love some help with identification.

I have more pictures if y'all need them, but Flickr does not want to let me share them.

(PS I know lots of people have opinions about buying from pet stores instead of breeders, and I see that he has a bad shed. I am planning on quarantining him and helping with the shed. This thread is purely to identify him, not to debate the pitfalls of buying at pet stores, thank you.)
    Looks like a pewter blast to me

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

Re: Morph identification help

Can’t see, but I’ll tell you what....RAT PINKIES AT 3 YEARS?!?! That’s gotta be classified as abuse....just saying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    I think move up in food size asap. Omg pinkies! Wow, just wow. How much does the beep weigh? And can't see pics either.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Re: Morph ID Assisstance

"Looks like a pewter blast to me."

Okay, thank you! Since I'm still new to this and learning, would you mind answering some questions for me?

1. What makes you say it is a pewter lemonblast? What do you see that helps you determine the morph? (And why not spider? I was almost positive it was spider; he has a little wobble.)

2. Why/how is it yellow? I've googled pewter lemonblast and it seems like a lot of those snakes are more often grey than yellow?

3. Obviously this is very future-thinking, but what would you recommend pairing this little one with in order to prove it out?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madsdura View Post
    "Looks like a pewter blast to me."

Okay, thank you! Since I'm still new to this and learning, would you mind answering some questions for me?

1. What makes you say it is a pewter lemonblast? What do you see that helps you determine the morph? (And why not spider? I was almost positive it was spider; he has a little wobble.)

2. Why/how is it yellow? I've googled pewter lemonblast and it seems like a lot of those snakes are more often grey than yellow?

3. Obviously this is very future-thinking, but what would you recommend pairing this little one with in order to prove it out?
    First let me correct myself. He's a pewter spinner
    Which is cinnamon pastel( in this case it's lemon pastel) pinstripe sipder
    The lemon pastel is easy to see the spinner ( spider pin) is the almost lack of pattern save those hash marks. The cinnamon is the faded head color and back it gets difficult to tell with each Gene you add but I've seen enough of these to clearly I'd cinnamon pastel spider pinstripe

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Balls View Post
    Rescued this guy off of Craigslist the own said he’s about three years old and he was feeding him rat pinkies. He’s extremely under weight but I think a little TLC he’ll be okay. Own was selling him as an albino but he clearly has more than one morph. I’m guessi spider, pinstripe, or enchi.

What do do you think?

Not sure how the other person's post got merged with mine. I gave him a day to settle in and tried feeding him a small rat, he hit it like he hasn't eaten in a month.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Lol. Someone was damn hungry! Fatten that baby up! Thanks for rescuing him. Happy times to come!
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks
    Hmmm, @NJ Balls, I think our titles were too similar and we both posted pictures of relatively similar looking snakes. Not sure why we got merged though. I hope the lovely folks on here are able to identify your snake for you (and maybe take a few guesses at mine). He's cute btw!

@StillBP, thanks for your help and the explanation!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast