Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

0 members and 2,816 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts

Aggressively Expanding...

So I ordered another ARS rack and it's been weeks, still hasn't shipped, apparently they are having some issues. So I decided to come up with another idea. I bought some totes from Home Depot and drilled four holes on each end (7/32") along with a layer of coconut husk chips for substrate. They are 28 quart tubs and fit perfectly side by side on a wire shelving unit. I don't have hot spots in these tubs, they are just temporary until the ARS rack gets here. But my snake room is 82F so they should be fine.

I've been getting as many snakes as I can, hoping to go full time into the reptile breeding business this year!! (WOW) I'm already up to 20 female breeders! I'm sure you may see me at some of the reptile shows next year, I'm thinking of getting a table at Tinley next fall (NARBC)

I've been growing up some really neat Pied projects that are ready. I also just bought a guys collection of 10 snakes, all females that are ready to breed this year, what a score! Apparently he grew them all up for 4 years and right before breeding bailed on the whole snake thing and got rid of everything, hard to believe...

Also, up here in the mountains we have a lot of forest fire danger. These tubs would be perfect for a fire evacuation to get my snakes out in a hurry. Could probably put three to a tub for the short term. Would probably have to put my retics in dog kennels LOL. Just thought I'd share this idea in case you run into a deal on a bunch of snakes and need to expand real fast. These totes cost about $60 for ten of them! Not bad at all!

Last edited by cchardwick; 10-21-2017 at 01:25 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cchardwick For This Useful Post:

theturtlepond (07-02-2019)