Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,939

3 members and 2,936 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Does she have some stuck shed o the tip of her tail? Make sure that comes off. She looks better. Thank you for taking care of her.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Re: Help, I think my snake is burning herself!??

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    Does she have some stuck shed o the tip of her tail? Make sure that comes off.
    Yes, she has a little bit of shed stuck, but most of it came off after I took that picture! She has a scab on the tip of her tail so I'm hesitant to mess with it- I'm pretty sure it will come off on its own?

Thanks

I'm so glad your little guy is on his way to feeling better. For some reason it looks like you have a cardboard box in your tank from Tapatalk, but now I don't see it. Just in case, make sure there is no tape inside your snake tank! Depending on his size (he looks small enough) you can get snake hides at the dollar store! I am using plastic cereal bowls right now with a U-shaped hole cut into one side for the door and then smoothed down with a lighter. They came in a 3 pack for just $1, so I put all 3 in his tank so he had plenty of hidey-holes to feel extra secure. I've found my bp prefers the bowls that end in a straight edge rather than a curved lip, probably because he can squish against them closer. I'm planning on picking up some plastic dog water bowls as new hides soon, since I think they will be a bit heavier and definitely have straight sides. Good luck with your little boop!

Thanks

I recently bought my daughter a BP for her birthday (her request). We were able to set up our tank while we waited several weeks for the newborn BP she selected to start eating regularly. It's a good thing that we had that time to sort things out.

Although we were told that the Ultratherm UTH we purchased with our Exo-Terra terrarium could be safely used without a thermostat (Ultratherm says as much), we were shocked when we observed that it registered 110 degrees on the inside of the bottom glass. Needless to say, we purchased a Herpstat 1 (after reading many reviews here and elsewhere) and set the UTH temperature at 92 degrees. Once we did that, we weren't getting enough heat to keep the ambient temperature where we needed it to be. So... we added a Zoo Med Nano Dome and 40 Nano CHE. With winter upon us and indoor temps being pretty stable, the 40 CHE provides just the right amount of heat to get our ambient temps where we need them. Since that won't be the case come the summer, we've added an inexpensive Exo Terra thermostat to the CHE. We also bought an infrared temperature gun to supplement our temperature/humidity gauges.

At this point we're happy with our habitat and now that we've had him home for a few weeks, it appears that her pastel banana boy feels the same way. It's been quite a learning process for us, but your site has been invaluable. Given our experience, I would tell anyone thinking about buying a BP that the very first thing they need to buy is a good thermostat.

I've been following this thread and I'm glad to see that her BP is doing better. If we hadn't set up our habitat well in advance of bringing our BP home, we might have suffered the same fate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to larryd23 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (11-06-2017)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456