Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,942

3 members and 2,939 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Two Snakes in a tank. Different.

I was wondering when can you put a BP in the tank with the oppsite sex. I know shouldnt put to males in there. I plan on breeding, I am just not sure when I could put them in there and could they be in the same container all the time or do they still need to be seperated. Please Im not trying to start a thread on wether keeping two snakes of the oppsite sex for breeding purposes is ok. Thanks.

Thanks

Re: Two Snakes in a tank. Different.

No. Only put them together when they are going to mate. You are much more likely to get fertile eggs when they are normally separated and then cycled.. then introduced to each other.

It is very stressful for a snake to share it's habitat with another.

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Ok thanks that was what I thought I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

The three snakes I picked up last night have lived together for 2 years. I am separating them ASAP. They dont seem stressed together but I want the best breeding odds possible. They actually all sleep curled up together even when there are multiple hides.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jglass38
    The three snakes I picked up last night have lived together for 2 years. I am separating them ASAP. They dont seem stressed together but I want the best breeding odds possible. They actually all sleep curled up together even when there are multiple hides.
    In your other post, didn't you mention that they were underweight? I'd bet it's from the stress of communal housing.

And from what I've read on animal behavior, that piled up rest/sleep behavior is often a dominate behavior ... the more dominant animal/animals attempting to intimidate the weaker one/ones (kind of like the school bully staring you down in the lunch room). Not sure if that's what's going on, but it fits with what I've read.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    In your other post, didn't you mention that they were underweight? I'd bet it's from the stress of communal housing.

And from what I've read on animal behavior, that piled up rest/sleep behavior is often a dominate behavior ... the more dominant animal/animals attempting to intimidate the weaker one/ones (kind of like the school bully staring you down in the lunch room). Not sure if that's what's going on, but it fits with what I've read.

-adam
    Interesting..Yes, they are all underweight for 2.5 years old. They will be separated this week once my reptile tubs and flexwatt order arrive. Prob by no later than Friday. They did eat fine though. Also, I dont believe the people had any heat on the tank they were in. Oh by,the way, I stopped getting stared down between 7th and 8th grade when I left school at 5'6 and came back from the summer about 6'2 and 200 lbs. hahah

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

my BP's curl up too, last night i picked up the male(when they had been curled up) his spurs were fully extended and his vent was slightly opened so i put him back(by that time the female had already started to move) and he started to crawl along her side, i didnt see them breed but i left them alone for the rest of the night after that. also they seem to favor one hide, i thought it was just because it was on the hot side but then i moved it to the cool side and they went back in the same hide. does anyone know what they are doing?
    -marshall

Thanks

I stopped getting stared down between 7th and 8th grade when I left school at 5'6 and came back from the summer about 6'2 and 200 lbs. hahah
    You're sooo hanging with me at Daytona next year!! ... With my mouth, I could always use a few extra friends around! ... right Vaughn!

-adam

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."

Thanks

Absolutely! Just keep in mind that with MY mouth, trouble always finds me and those around me! I am just a wise @@@ and proud of it...Oh by the way, I am 6'2 235 these days! Luckily I am a drinking lightweight so it wont cost you TOO much

Thanks

Absolutely! Just keep in mind that with MY mouth, trouble always finds me and those around me! I am just a wise @@@ and proud of it...Oh by the way, I am 6'2 235 these days! Luckily I am a drinking lightweight so it wont cost you TOO much
    LOL ... you'll fit right in!!

-adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast