Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,142

0 members and 2,142 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Snake exploration room?

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    As a landlady of homes in Vegas the thought of someone doing that to one of my rentals terrifies me!
    I'm simply curious why it terrifies you?

The rental agency I was using was aware of the critters, also had a dog as well as multiple 75 gallon and a 240 gallon fish tank at the time (which was probably more terrifying to them due to the amount of water)
    For the Horde!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    Like John said, if you could get the heat and humidity right in the entire room, sounds fun! But also not sure how much of the BP you would actually see or that it would actually use, unless you stay up at night when it gets hungry.

Many other more active species would take full advantage of the space, I think. I'd love to try something like that if I could, for when my russian rat snake grows to adult size, or for my scrub python.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Like John said, if you could get the heat and humidity right in the entire room, sounds fun! But also not sure how much of the BP you would actually see or that it would actually use, unless you stay up at night when it gets hungry.

Many other more active species would take full advantage of the space, I think. I'd love to try something like that if I could, for when my russian rat snake grows to adult size, or for my scrub python.
    I was immediately thinking Russian Rat snake too hehehe

(which btw I'm still totally jealous but also super excited and omg I can't wait until you get yours)
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post

I'm a nocturnal person. I work as a chef so i don't get home untill midnight and am up until 3 am. Although as others have said it may be an idea for a different snake. I've been trying to get an anthill python for a while.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I did a tortoise version of this just so in the winter my tortoises had a decent area to roam.

Its a good form of enrichment though my BP likes the garden better in summer, he surprised me by climbing trees.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    I'm simply curious why it terrifies you?

The rental agency I was using was aware of the critters, also had a dog as well as multiple 75 gallon and a 240 gallon fish tank at the time (which was probably more terrifying to them due to the amount of water)
    The truth is for every responsible renter out there there are far more irresponsible or simple those who just don't care because hey, not their property.

That kiddie pool in the middle? Most likely filled by bringing the garden hose inside the house. Those 240 gallon fish tanks? They are not the easiest to drain. When things like those spill and if lucky, you have tile floors and not wooden ones, well that's not as bad as the wall that wicked up all that water and got damaged. But hey no big deal the security deposit will fix having to tear out half that wall and replace it right? Well that $1000 deposit? It only covered 2/3 the damage because they let it sit forever and now you have mold... wonderful. Could go after them for the rest but the lawsuit would be more than the money recouped so I just suck it up and have the work done.

I am not saying you are a bad renter or were one at all and this is not on you in any sense but I have had my share and like I said, big water features inside the house terrify me. It's one thing to have a dog and my renters have pets and I welcome them to have them but water is a whole different issue. As someone who has kept many hundred gallon tanks, I know what happens when someone goes wrong.
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

Thanks

As long as it can't get out and there isn't anything for them to get stuck under it might be worth a shot

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Ragnarok loves to explore and roam around my house. I let him do it sometimes, only because he likes it so much. He usually ends up hiding somewhere of course, but it can sometimes take him up to an hour to finish his climbing and exploring.

Ragnarok is a strange ball, but he is a male, and I suspect they like to roam more than the females. At least that has been my limited experience.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 10-18-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    There's a reptile enclosure room as well as a quarentine room. I suppose i could repurpose the room as me and the wife's sex dungeon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John1982 View Post
    Sounds like a fun idea. Once you get the room escape proofed and heated, you could run some pretty neat experiments to better understand your snake and it's wants/needs.
    ^ but i would also add a termite mound.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pezz View Post
    There's a reptile enclosure room as well as a quarentine room. I suppose i could repurpose the room as me and the wife's sex dungeon lol.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk
    This! Lol
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast