Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 633

0 members and 633 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

My Leopard Gecko

Hello, new here! Just want to share pictures of my lovely leopard gecko Fii. I'm not sure of her morph, though. Any possible insights (short of trying to get a DNA test) would be appreciated!

The last owner said she was about two years old. I'm working on handling her since he rarely handled her. She lets me pet her but doesnt like climbing onto my hand. Frankly, this girl ignores my hand.

Luckily she has all of her toes and claws, sheds nicely, and started eating within the first week. Plus NO impaction, which is wonderful.

I have noticed, though, that her head has a sort of... Raptor like shape due to her jaw. Not saying she has an over/underbite, just that I see other leos have a... Fatter looking jaw. Haven't bought a gram scale yet, so not sure if she needs to gain weight.

Her diet consists of hornworms, Phoenix worms, mealworms, and crickets. I will be purchasing dubia roaches as a staple and sometimes silkworms if I get a chance to. I don't feed her mealworms very often due to the fact that she started to have trouble digesting them (I was waiting on a thermostat, so heat could only be at 75 via house temps) and was starting to become impacted. (Fixed, she's doing great.) I don't feed her crickets very often as they are dirty bugs. Working at a pet store, I know how crickets are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My Leopard Gecko

She dosent look like a normal. Maybe somthing with carrot tail? I dont know but shes a pretty girl
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BallPythonWannaBe For This Useful Post:

Sybilestial (10-18-2017)

Thanks

Re: My Leopard Gecko

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    She dosent look like a normal. Maybe somthing with carrot tail? I dont know but shes a pretty girl
    I know at least that much. She could be a partial carrot tail, but some breeders say 15%, others say 30%. Also it's not solid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J326AZ using Tapatalk