Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,540

0 members and 2,540 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Anyone familiar with Angolan pythons?

Quote Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    Yeah not to bad, also if you did want to wait and get a baby there are actually a few people who sell them on morph market. They seem to have produced some this geT but they're all gone now

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
    That's very true!!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thanks
    We have a pair we're raising up. They really are awesome animals. Ours are kept in the same racks as our ball pythons, their care is extremely similar, though they are definitely not as dependent on the humidity. They do tend to get a little bigger but still not huge. Much more outgoing and inquisitive than ball pythons but in our experience still slower, calm and docile. Always heard they are great feeders and ours have held true to that, not missing a meal even in shed. As far as price range they seem to be consistently in the $450-$650 range depending on who you're buying from and the sex of the animal. We love ours and will definitely have more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Spence View Post
    We have a pair we're raising up. They really are awesome animals. Ours are kept in the same racks as our ball pythons, their care is extremely similar, though they are definitely not as dependent on the humidity. They do tend to get a little bigger but still not huge. Much more outgoing and inquisitive than ball pythons but in our experience still slower, calm and docile. Always heard they are great feeders and ours have held true to that, not missing a meal even in shed. As far as price range they seem to be consistently in the $450-$650 range depending on who you're buying from and the sex of the animal. We love ours and will definitely have more.
    That's awesome and definitely what I wanted to hear!! Thank you.

Thanks
    What Mr.Spence said. What everyone's said, really.

I also have a pair of Angolans and just adore them. As five-year-old adults, they are larger than my comparably-aged ball pythons (and managing my female's weight is an ongoing challenge -- as I did let her get too fat when she was around three ). They are foody, but very gentle, very outgoing snakes. They are often out of their hides and "beg" to come out when they realize I'm in the room.

I don't mist them, as there is no reason to, and have yet to see a bad shed. My male is an a cooler bottom tub in a BP rack, the female in a Constrictors NW carpet cage. Because of how they're set up, the male has about an 85-86 degree basking area; hers is 87-88. Current room humidity is just under 40%, so I assume the humidity in their cages is a little higher. If you can care for BPs, you can care for Angolans. They're very snakes easy keepers with awesome personalities. Dunno what else I can say

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    What Mr.Spence said. What everyone's said, really.

I also have a pair of Angolans and just adore them. As five-year-old adults, they are larger than my comparably-aged ball pythons (and managing my female's weight is an ongoing challenge -- as I did let her get too fat when she was around three ). They are foody, but very gentle, very outgoing snakes. They are often out of their hides and "beg" to come out when they realize I'm in the room.

I don't mist them, as there is no reason to, and have yet to see a bad shed. My male is an a cooler bottom tub in a BP rack, the female in a Constrictors NW carpet cage. Because of how they're set up, the male has about an 85-86 degree basking area; hers is 87-88. Current room humidity is just under 40%, so I assume the humidity in their cages is a little higher. If you can care for BPs, you can care for Angolans. They're very snakes easy keepers with awesome personalities. Dunno what else I can say
    That's awesome thank you so much for your input!! After a ball python i want something a bit bigger than a ball python but smaller than a Burmese so it seems that's the way to go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    That's awesome thank you so much for your input!! After a ball python i want something a bit bigger than a ball python but smaller than a Burmese so it seems that's the way to go.

That or a Boa, I have my RTB and she’s amazing, they’re slowing to grow but still beautiful to watch and interact with. I really have my heart set on getting and Angolan....still trying to convince my husband

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    That or a Boa, I have my RTB and she’s amazing, they’re slowing to grow but still beautiful to watch and interact with. I really have my heart set on getting and Angolan....still trying to convince my husband

Lol ive never really looked into boas are they aggressive? good way to convince him would be to get it and see how long it takes him to notice then when he does be like "Oh I told you 4 times ughh I swear you never listen to me" voila it's the perfect method

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by omglolchrisss View Post
    Lol ive never really looked into boas are they aggressive? good way to convince him would be to get it and see how long it takes him to notice then when he does be like "Oh I told you 4 times ughh I swear you never listen to me" voila it's the perfect method

I Boa Anubis LOVES being taken out and allowed to explore, very curious, active and very fast. Nothing like BPs, don’t really hide unless they’re going into shed or right after u feed her. But absolutely BEAUTIFUL

Thanks

They do get much larger then a BP depending on the sex, with this one being a female she’ll get 7-9 feet almost double or triple a BP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerries View Post
    I Boa Anubis LOVES being taken out and allowed to explore, very curious, active and very fast. Nothing like BPs, don’t really hide unless they’re going into shed or right after u feed her. But absolutely BEAUTIFUL

She is very pretty and holy 7 to 9 feet that's huge!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast