Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,357

3 members and 3,354 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Let's see some balls

Hello! I'm trying to learn more about genetics. So post some of your crazy or even some simple ball pythons and tell me the morphs!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Let's see some balls

Albino, which is a recessive gene

Banana/Coral Glow (same gene, different lines), an incomplete or co-dominant gene

Super Cinnamon with paradox markings: Cinnamon is an incomplete or co-dominant gene, which produces a "super" form when the animal contains two copies of the incomplete dominant gene. super morphs pass down a copy of their gene to every offspring they produce, so all babies she would produce would contain the Cinnamon gene. the paradox markings are completely random occurrences that happen during gestation/incubation. technically, they shouldn't be there.

Normal Piebald, where normal is dominant and piebald is recessive. if he were to breed, all his offspring would contain one copy of the recessive piebald gene (100% het pied), which would not show visually on the babies, but they would be able to produce piebald babies if bred with another snake containing the piebald gene.

(anyone please correct me if i've gotten some stuff wrong! )
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 10-16-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (10-23-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Take a look at my gallery and see if you can figure out what they are.

Possible genes...
    Phantom
    Enchi
    Mojave
    Lavender Albino
    Yellowbelly
    Gravel
    Pinstripe
    Spider
    Pastel
    Normal
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks

My Pastel Butter/Lesser Congo

Pastel - Co-dom morph, makes the more yellow coloration and makes the pattern more messy

Butter/Lesser - Same morph just two different lines, Co-dom that’s super for is a Blue Eyed Lucy. Causes more blushing and makes the animal more of a cream color.

Congo - A lesser known morph, effects each morph a different way. Most popular use is with Pastel as it cleans up the pattern and helps the animal hold its color and keeps the pattern from getting muddy with age.

My Honeybee (Hypo/Orange Ghost Spider)

Hypo/Ghost - Same morph just called by different names. She is actually an Orange Ghost, one of the many lines of ghost. It is a recessive morph, some of the different lines are compatible some are not. I don’t know which are not off the top of my head sorry. Makes the animal looks like it’s always in shed due to the duller pattern and this specific line adds an orange tent to the animal. Sheds also have no pattern.

Spider - Co -Dom morph with a fatal super. Pattern morph that causes the more reduced pattern and the unique head markings

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (10-23-2017)

Thanks
    Pinstripe, but from a busy-patterned Jigsaw sire. Definitely a bit different than other pins, spazhime's Thresh coming to mind has a lot more reduced patterning compared to my Pollux (seen below), who looks a lot more like the Pinstripes out of Northwestern Reptiles. Might be related.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hollowlaughter For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (10-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    If you want to see a vast array of ball python morphs click on this link:

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/?

There at World of Ball Pythons they have 5,698 morphs listed with new ones added every day, too many to even see if you spent weeks looking at them all! With hundreds of base morphs the combinations are almost endless.
    Last edited by cchardwick; 10-17-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks

This is my pastel ball python. He is also 50% het for pied which means he could carry piebald.

This is a mojave piebald ball python. The mojave gene in combination with pied tends to produce high white pieds.
    1.0 Pastel Ball Python - Fluffy
    0.1 Mojave Pied Ball Python - Kitty
    0.1 West Highland White Terrier - Maisie
    1.0 Betta - Ringo

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KillerKame For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (10-23-2017)

Thanks

This is my 3 year old Wild Type Normal ball python. Out of all the Morphs out there the Normals seem to have the most variation. Some are lighter or darker with varying degrees of patterning.

This is my Black Eyed Leucistic ball python. He is the super form of the Fire gene. The fire gene is a Co-Dominant mutation and when an animal has two copies of this fire gene you end up with a white, black eyed snake.

This is my Firefly female. The firefly morph is a combination of two Co-Dominant Morphs. This is where both one copy of the fire gene and one copy of the pastel gene are present in the animal. Some Morphs have names given to them based on their Morphs rather than there morph name. The firefly is one example and another would be something like a Bumblebee (has one copy of the Pastel gene and one copy of the Spider gene) or a Queeenbee (Has one copy of the Pastel gene, one copy of the Spider gene and one copy of the lesser gene)

Finally this is my Crystal ball python. A very friendly little girl who genetically has one copy of the Mojave gene and one copy of the Special gene. Again this is an example where an animal is given a new name based on its genetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marwan For This Useful Post:

the_rotten1 (10-23-2017)