Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Today's Birthdays

Nate (33)

» Stats

Members: 59,627
Threads: 230,022
Posts: 2,370,999
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Valaryan

» January 2018

S M T W T F S
31 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31 1 2 3
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50
  1. #1
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Images: 32

    Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    sooo this was an interesting first successful feeding!!!

    it's been 9 days since this little man came home, and with two feedings being unsuccessful i was starting to think he was going to need the Deb treatment of a 6qt bin. buuuut take a look at this!!!

    he seemed super spooked by the feeders every feeding and it was starting to worry me, but he always seemed to show interest. tonight was no different, but i decided (without thinking tbh) to try a different approach. i picked him up out of his bin and held the feeder right up to him. he seemed to catch the scent and starting focusing on the prey, and he struck!!! but missed...i continued to wiggle the feeder and got him to strike again, and he nailed it!!!

    i gently set him down and stepped back, watching from afar. i'm very happy to say that he has eaten! i didn't really expect what happened to work, but i can't complain!

    way to go, Pumpkin! here's to many, many more successful feedings.
    2.3 Ball Python
    1.0 '14 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 '16 Coral Glow (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)
    0.1 '17 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean)
    1.0 '17 Piebald (Pumpkin Pie)
    0.1 '17 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald (Peach Sun Tea)


    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

    Albert Clark (11-14-2017),Alicia (11-02-2017),Blizzard (11-06-2017),BluuWolf (10-16-2017),MissterDog (10-19-2017),omglolchrisss (10-16-2017),Starscream (10-16-2017),the_rotten1 (10-16-2017),zina10 (10-19-2017)

  3. #2
    Registered User Starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-29-2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 376 Times in 252 Posts
    Images: 1
    Precious boy. Can't wait to see more photos of him -- pieds are just so, so pretty. much aesthetic. wow. lol.
    0.1 Red Axanthic Ball Python | Mazikeen

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-16-2017)

  5. #3
    Registered User BluuWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-09-2017
    Posts
    483
    Thanks
    108
    Thanked 284 Times in 225 Posts

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Awe congrats! I'm so happy you were able to get him to eat! And I love the name, it suits him well lol I can't wait to see more ^-^

    Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-16-2017)

  7. #4
    Registered User Slytherin's Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-01-2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    sooo this was an interesting first successful feeding!!!

    it's been 9 days since this little man came home, and with two feedings being unsuccessful i was starting to think he was going to need the Deb treatment of a 6qt bin. buuuut take a look at this!!!

    he seemed super spooked by the feeders every feeding and it was starting to worry me, but he always seemed to show interest. tonight was no different, but i decided (without thinking tbh) to try a different approach. i picked him up out of his bin and held the feeder right up to him. he seemed to catch the scent and starting focusing on the prey, and he struck!!! but missed...i continued to wiggle the feeder and got him to strike again, and he nailed it!!!

    i gently set him down and stepped back, watching from afar. i'm very happy to say that he has eaten! i didn't really expect what happened to work, but i can't complain!

    way to go, Pumpkin! here's to many, many more successful feedings.
    Congratulations!!

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Slytherin's Mommy For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-16-2017)

  9. #5
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Precious boy. Can't wait to see more photos of him -- pieds are just so, so pretty. much aesthetic. wow. lol.
    he's beautiful, and is such a well-tempered boy. it's nice to have a new baby that isn't a brat (sorry Coffee Bean ).
    Quote Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    Awe congrats! I'm so happy you were able to get him to eat! And I love the name, it suits him well lol I can't wait to see more ^-^

    Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
    i'm happy, too! and i can't believe my "method" actually worked lol. i wouldn't recommend it, but i could tell he needed some real guidance probably because he was fed live.

    people kept suggesting Pumpkin and it really grew on me. he's my little punkin'!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slytherin's Mommy View Post
    Congratulations!!

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
    thank you!!! it's always such a big relief when they eat that first meal.
    2.3 Ball Python
    1.0 '14 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 '16 Coral Glow (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)
    0.1 '17 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean)
    1.0 '17 Piebald (Pumpkin Pie)
    0.1 '17 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald (Peach Sun Tea)


    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

    Starscream (10-16-2017)

  11. #6
    Registered User Slytherin's Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-01-2017
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 42 Times in 35 Posts

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    he's beautiful, and is such a well-tempered boy. it's nice to have a new baby that isn't a brat (sorry Coffee Bean ).i'm happy, too! and i can't believe my "method" actually worked lol. i wouldn't recommend it, but i could tell he needed some real guidance probably because he was fed live.

    people kept suggesting Pumpkin and it really grew on me. he's my little punkin'!!! thank you!!! it's always such a big relief when they eat that first meal.
    I know that feel.. You are like yes yes they ate...

    Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slytherin's Mommy For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-16-2017)

  13. #7
    Registered User BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-20-2017
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    487
    Thanks
    146
    Thanked 135 Times in 122 Posts
    Images: 13

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Congrats! An odd meathod but whatever works
    0.0.1 Normal BP(Dean)
    0.0.2 Parakeets(Misha and Castiel)
    3 legged Husky(Mika)
    0.2 Rabbits(Lynda and Prim)

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to BallPythonWannaBe For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-17-2017)

  15. #8
    BPnet Veteran Ax01's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-14-2015
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    3,901
    Thanks
    1,700
    Thanked 3,075 Times in 1,960 Posts
    good job! i've seen/heard of a method of one breeder picking up his picky eaters when offering prey. pick 'em up by the lower-third/tail and hoist them and offer food. kinda like GTP style. maybe i'll try that w/ some of my lil ones.

    also i thought u were gonna name him Pineapple.

    Edit: Happy National Pasta Day! aka Spaghetti Day. be sure to wish your lil one Happy Spaghetti Day!
    Last edited by Ax01; 10-17-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

    Nominate ball-pythons.net as the best forum/group here: https://www.facebook.com/TheReptileR...type=3&theater

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

    tttaylorrr (10-17-2017)

  17. #9
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: Pumpkin Pie progression thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    good job! i've seen/heard of a method of one breeder picking up his picky eaters when offering prey. pick 'em up by the lower-third/tail and hoist them and offer food. kinda like GTP style. maybe i'll try that w/ some of my lil ones.

    also i thought u were gonna name him Pineapple.

    Edit: Happy National Pasta Day! aka Spaghetti Day. be sure to wish your lil one Happy Spaghetti Day!
    that's interesting! i honestly didn't think it was a thing lol. i was just happy he ate! if he acts shy again i'll be doing it again to see if it helps.

    he was never gona be pineapple! i wanted a fall/seasonal name, hahahaha.

    also i'll be sure to let Spaghetti know! she gets a full tank cleaning today.
    2.3 Ball Python
    1.0 '14 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 '16 Coral Glow (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)
    0.1 '17 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean)
    1.0 '17 Piebald (Pumpkin Pie)
    0.1 '17 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald (Peach Sun Tea)


    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  18. #10
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    1,907
    Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Images: 32
    tonight is feeding night for the two youngsters!!! it will be Pumpkin's 4th feeding attempt (and hopefully 2nd successful feeding), and Coffee Bean will be offered her first rat (pup)! i'm posting now because i'm honestly too excited, and i'm hoping Pumpkin will take the feeder from his enclosure instead of me picking him up! i just want him to eat so i can handle him!!! I'M JUST VERY EXCITED!

    2.3 Ball Python
    1.0 '14 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 '16 Coral Glow (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)
    0.1 '17 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean)
    1.0 '17 Piebald (Pumpkin Pie)
    0.1 '17 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald (Peach Sun Tea)


    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1