Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,797

0 members and 2,797 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Help choose a male

Hello everyone!!! First sorry my bad english, I’m brazilian and starter on hobby. Here, is very dificult get ball pythons (really). I have one male bumblebee and two females (enchi and yellow belly). On this moment, I have two other males for buying and need help.

The first male is LESSER and other is PINSTRIPE. Considering my animals, what is the best for me? Lesser, pin or none (other female)? Sorry again my english, I know is terrible. Thanks for support.

Thanks

Re: Help choose a male

Really depends on what you want to get out of it lol. I'm not exactly an expert on breeding, I'm a beginner too, but I'd use this calculator to play around with the breeding possibilities? Not sure if it's reliable, but I haven't heard anything bad about it.
    I think you should test out the breeding possibilities for the potential males with the females.
    For example:
    The Pinstripe can breed with the Enchi and produce Stinger Blast, Enchi, Pinstripe, or Normal.
    The Pinstripe can breed with the Yellowbelly and produce Pinstripe Yellowbelly, Pinstripe, Yellowbelly, or Normal.
    The Lesser can breed with the Enchi and produce Enchi Lesser, Enchi, Lesser, or Normal.
    The Lesser can breed with the Yellowbelly and produce Lesser Yellowbelly, Yellowbellow, Lesser, or Normal.

Or you could always breed the males with offspring from your Bumblebee/females and get entirely different combinations. Personally though, I would do Pinstripe based on the calculator, but real life likely isn't as clean-cut as the calculator so there might be some factors that aren't being considered.

My vote's on Pinstripe though.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Personally I would buy another female.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (10-16-2017)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you intend to breed another female would be a much better addition than a male especially a single gene male. With another male you will be male heavy.

If you want a Pet it depends on what YOU like those are very different mutation.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (10-16-2017)