Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,973

2 members and 2,971 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Banned
    Thanks

GTP feeding time

My 2 years old male GTP eats only at night, one hour before midnight or midnight when he start getting active. He does not show any interest on food during the day even if he was hungry. I just find it weird. My ATB eats anytime. It seems that GTP,s are 100% nocturnal

Banned
    Thanks

Re: GTP feeding time

I was expecting someone to say that his or her GTP eats during the day. Anyway i think that very few own GTP,s compared with carpet pythons. Maybe because they are more expensive or for other reasons. Most of the threads in this Morelia forum are about carpet pythons, very few are about GTP,s.

Thanks

I don’t have a GTP, but all the information I’ve seen says they’re strongly nocturnal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have a GTP, male. He’ll eat anytime, day or night. I feed him every week. By the 5th day, he’s moving from bar to bar. By the 6th day, he’s on the bar closest to the sliding door, nose pointing down, neck curved into an S. He watches everything going on in the room, tracking with his head. He’ll stay like that until he’s fed, whether it’s day or night.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (10-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Green tree pythons are almost 100% nocturnal animals. My green tree python will only eat at night, after he has been awake and active for a while. He is not active during the day at all. He has a strong feeding response (he is an adult male), but only at night.
    - Emily

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts
    My GTP will eat any time of the day, but it takes a little bit to wake her up if during the day and get her to realize that there is food. Compared to at night, she's 100% ready to eat mode and goes sort of bonkers LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    You should join FB Tree Python pages. You can get lots of info there.

And it's not that GTPs are more expensive, they just arent as commonly kept as BCIs, cornsnakes, retics, burms, BPs and stuff like that. There are plenty of cheap ones around like from Bush Master or other importers. I've seen them as low as $250 but of course those are imports so after the vet visit, dewormers and stuff, you are looking at $500 lol. Plus you can find more common GTPs like Biaks for fairly cheap, even CBB ones.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    You should join FB Tree Python pages. You can get lots of info there.

And it's not that GTPs are more expensive, they just arent as commonly kept as BCIs, cornsnakes, retics, burms, BPs and stuff like that. There are plenty of cheap ones around like from Bush Master or other importers. I've seen them as low as $250 but of course those are imports so after the vet visit, dewormers and stuff, you are looking at $500 lol. Plus you can find more common GTPs like Biaks for fairly cheap, even CBB ones.
    I would steer clear of any of the FB Green Tree Python pages. Tons if miss/incorrect information on there. A good majority of the people making comments have never owned a green tree python but because they are google experts that makes them think they know about Green Tree Pythons.
    Don't get me wrong there are some very excellent people in those groups, I happen to be in a couple myself, but I almost NEVER make any comments. It's just the information is so incorrect.

Captive Breed Green Trees are more expensive and are 1000% better animal. Any of the farm raised/imported animals are a recipe for disaster, especially for anyone with limited to no experience with GTP's. This month alone I've spoken to 8 people who lost their farm raised/import. Cheap is not the best plan of purchase when your dealing with GTP.
    Last edited by Damage, Inc.; 10-27-2017 at 08:56 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damage, Inc. For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-27-2017),DLena (10-27-2017)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    My GTP will eat any time of the day, but it takes a little bit to wake her up if during the day and get her to realize that there is food. Compared to at night, she's 100% ready to eat mode and goes sort of bonkers LOL.
    This was my experience when I had 2 GTPs as well
    For the Horde!