Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,119

2 members and 3,117 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Should i buy a spider?

Thank you! Yes i did not mention what she was exactly because i was afraid she might be bought from underneath me. Lol.

I'm a sucker for mystic though and she had a great price.
    I did say 3 gene but maybe a super is just considered one gene... not sure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Congratulations! She is a pretty snake! You absolutely will not be disappointed with Garrick DeMeyer!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments!
    I had been out all day thinking about it, and all this support helped me decide to go ahead and get her!
    I just sent payment, so i am now not shy to show a pic of her. (I was worried she would get sold before i decided)
    Shes coming from Garrick DeMeyer of royal constrictor designs, someone i trust based on many great reviews.

I am super excited and thank you all for the encouragement!

Congrats she’s absolutely gorgeous!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hello, i am sorry if this is posted in the wrong place please feel free to correct me.

I am looking into a 3 gened spider bp and i have contacted the breeder about the wobble. And he says she does have a slight wobble, no corkscrewing, but when excited she wobbles a bit.

This would be my first ball python, so i am here to ask if you guys think that is ok? I would like to hear also if this snake shouldnt be bred in the future? I am interested in possibly breeding her, would she pass on that wobble to her offspring?

I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on this girl but i just have this one reservation on the spider wobble.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions i would be greatful!

I have a bumblebee that had maybe a slight wobble when young. Although now with age, approximately two years old, he has no wobble at all. I’ve heard that it is worse when breeders inbreed too much, not positive this is the case though. Guess I wouldn’t be overly concerned it usually dissipates with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Small update, i got her in the mail yesterday!
    She was cranky from her travels so i didnt get too many pics but here she is

Once again thanks to all that offered their experiences and opinions on the spider gene. Its caused me to really look at the fun spider combos out there.

Now the true challenge is picking a good name for her, ha.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Small update, i got her in the mail yesterday!
    She was cranky from her travels so i didnt get too many pics but here she is

Once again thanks to all that offered their experiences and opinions on the spider gene. Its caused me to really look at the fun spider combos out there.

Now the true challenge is picking a good name for her, ha.

Very cool choice! Congrats!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Roux (10-12-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    I have a bunch of spider combos and some have a cork screw wobble and some don't have it at all. The Champagne also has the same problem as well as the Woma. I was in a pet store one time and saw a Champagne hatchling that had a wobble so bad that it couldn't stay on it's belly and was crawling around on it's back. Now that's one snake I would have considered culling. Some people stay away from spiders because of the wobble, but I think they are one of the most beautiful morphs out there, especially when mixed with pastel and fire. And with the pied gene gives you an almost completely white snake!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cchardwick View Post
    I have a bunch of spider combos and some have a cork screw wobble and some don't have it at all. The Champagne also has the same problem as well as the Woma. I was in a pet store one time and saw a Champagne hatchling that had a wobble so bad that it couldn't stay on it's belly and was crawling around on it's back. Now that's one snake I would have considered culling. Some people stay away from spiders because of the wobble, but I think they are one of the most beautiful morphs out there, especially when mixed with pastel and fire. And with the pied gene gives you an almost completely white snake!
    I'm a sucker for bees but at first the wobble scared me. After talking to breeders for months and only hearing of one personally having to cull one butter bee years ago i decided to pull the trigger and get a spider for my eventual breeding program. Monty is a happy snek despite being a bit derpy, has the best feeding response i've encountered. He gave me my bite mitzvah lol.

Sent from my LG-M151 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Good looking little girl congrats. I've never even seen a spider super mystic.

As for spider wobble. I honestly think its adds to their personality. My killer bee fader has fairly bad wobble or corkscrewing but she can still eat on her own. Now my sugar bee on the other hand has very little wobble and corkscrewing so it does vary. Only time will tell how well yours holds up. But honestly it won't be too bad and you'll see spiders have their own special personalities.

My two bee's are some of my favorite ball pythons.

Last edited by EDR; 10-13-2017 at 05:07 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    You absolutely will not be disappointed with Garrick DeMeyer!
    +1

One of the best breeders out there in my opinion, the guy goes the extra mile for every transaction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast