Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,901

2 members and 2,899 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Water snakes and Belly Heat :/

So, another question!(Thanks for being so patient!) If I decide on a Ball Python(Hypothetical as I am still doing research to see whats best for me!) I would need to raise my air temp, which I cannot do in a tub(Correct me if Im wrong) and people say tanks are not good for Beeps. Even if I got a Ap cage than it would still be too big for a baby bp. So I was wondering if covering the top of the tank(a 10 gal) with alluminm tap(tape on outside of screen top) and leaving a space just big enough for a red heat bulb would work?
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    So, another question!(Thanks for being so patient!) If I decide on a Ball Python(Hypothetical as I am still doing research to see whats best for me!) I would need to raise my air temp, which I cannot do in a tub(Correct me if Im wrong) and people say tanks are not good for Beeps. Even if I got a Ap cage than it would still be too big for a baby bp. So I was wondering if covering the top of the tank(a 10 gal) with alluminm tap(tape on outside of screen top) and leaving a space just big enough for a red heat bulb would work?
    Tanks are fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (10-14-2017)

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanted to ask something. I know people say you can use dollar store plants for snakes. I bought a kind of decoration that has no glitter or anything on it,just leaves. I was told that this was okay to use. Can anybody second that? The plant decoration thing was bought at a local shopko
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jhill001 View Post
    Absolute jewel! I'm kinda of curious if anyone has kept more than one subspecies of Indigo if there is an actual difference in temperament from the others to the Easterns or if the opinion of the Easterns is maybe skewed because of the "Holy crap it's an EASTERN INDIGO" effect.
    I've dealt with 3 drymarchon species: eastern indigos, texas indigos, and black tail cribos. The easterns, as will surprise no one, always get the biggest reaction. In my experience, they have all behaved more or less the same with some slight variances between individuals. However, I have only personally kept and handled maybe 20 drymarchon specimens. Larger breeders have noted to me that texas indigos are slightly more high strung than easterns and than yellow-tail cribos are the most aggressive of the group. All that said, I am pretty confident you would get the "indigo experience" from really any of the species. In some cases, with "black phase" eastern indigos, it can actually be quite hard to tell them apart from a texas indigo. Red phase indigos however are pretty unmistakable.

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    I wanted to ask something. I know people say you can use dollar store plants for snakes. I bought a kind of decoration that has no glitter or anything on it,just leaves. I was told that this was okay to use. Can anybody second that? The plant decoration thing was bought at a local shopko
    I see no reason you can't use fake plants or really any decor with ball pythons. They won't care if it looks realistic or not.
    Last edited by Regius_049; 10-16-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234