Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 292

16 members and 276 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 65,481
Threads: 240,201
Posts: 2,495,501
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LowChevy2k-
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 454
  1. #431
    Registered User richardhind1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2017
    Location
    derbyshire, uk
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    6,411
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Got a few more pictures of Behira the other night and a short video showing her gentle nature and how she's starting to fill out her tank (at least the one side of the 6X2').



    Her heads looking nice and meaty now mr Dave, she's getting that nice adult look to her

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

    dakski (07-19-2019)

  3. #432
    BPnet Veteran EL-Ziggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-05-2014
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,138
    Thanks
    2,605
    Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,831 Posts

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    She looks GREAT Dave! Is she pretty active in her enclosure?
    2.2 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Bredl's Python, 1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BO,

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

    dakski (07-19-2019)

  5. #433
    BPnet Senior Member dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 134

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    She looks GREAT Dave! Is she pretty active in her enclosure?
    Thank you sir.

    At night she comes out and waits for food.

    During the day she’s either asleep in a hide or sleeping in the open or a combination.

    The middle of the night, who knows?

  6. #434
    BPnet Senior Member dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 134

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    As many you know, we are mourning the loss of our dog, Banning.

    Yesterday seemed like a good time to take out my "therapy snake," Behira. She was pretty active, but gentle as always.

    I got some pictures of her on the couch stretched out a bit. Growing girl.



  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (08-18-2019),richardhind1972 (07-27-2019)

  8. #435
    BPnet Senior Member dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 134

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Behira is over 1,600G now and about to shed.

    Below is a video from today of her being gentle as can be on my arm as well as video of us playing peek a boo a few weeks ago.





    Here are some pictures from today. She's eating medium rats every 3 weeks and I plan to keep her on that schedule for a while.


  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (08-18-2019),richardhind1972 (08-19-2019)

  10. #436
    Registered User richardhind1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2017
    Location
    derbyshire, uk
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    6,411
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Behira is looking nice and healthy dave, boas really are so great arnt they, I love how chilled they are

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  11. #437
    BPnet Senior Member dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 134

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Behira is looking nice and healthy dave, boas really are so great arnt they, I love how chilled they are

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Rich. She's my first Boa and I tried my best to do right by her. It means a lot that you say she looks healthy. I've had her almost 2 years and she's over 3 years old now.

    Yeah, she's the chillest snake I have. Feliz is close, but he's more active. He's slow and deliberate, but likes to move a bit. Behira is incredibly docile and chill and slow moving. We have a good bond too. She's easy to read and isn't afraid of anything. Remember, I come from a BP and corn snake background. Shayna (my albino BP), bless her heart, gets spooked and shoots back if she bumps into my arm, herself, the tank floor when putting her back, etc. She's so shy. If I hold her for long enough, there's a brief period where she chills, but then she gets antsy and wants to go back. I love her, and I am not worried about her getting scared AND biting or anything, but she spooks easy. I can touch her neck, but anywhere near her head, and she is not happy. Yafe (carpet python) is the same way regarding the head, although he doesn't scare easy. Behira, once settled and out, can easily be redirected with gentle nudging on her snout and will "happily" let me rub her head or under her chin. Does she enjoy it? Probably not, and I do not make a habit out of it, but many "newcomers to snakes" are scared by her size and color. I show them how tolerant and friendly she really is sometimes by touching her head and she has no reaction.

    If I had choose any of my snakes getting to a larger size, she would be it, so it works out that she will be the biggest.

    I actually had two people over that "hated" snakes in the past few months. One ended up holding Behira, after first seeing her, then touching her tail, and then going "all the way." She was amazed at how gentle she was and had feared that snakes just bite and strike all the time and where "slimy." The other was open to seeing them, but couldn't resist touching Feliz once he was out. His gentle and nature and small size were too much for her to resist and she wanted to tell her daughter (6) that she touched a snake.

    I will say that many people who are afraid of snakes, tolerate or like the lizards. I use Frank and Ferry and the Leopard Geckos to warm them up and see how gentle reptiles can be.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (08-19-2019)

  13. #438
    Registered User richardhind1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2017
    Location
    derbyshire, uk
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    6,411
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    Thank you Rich. She's my first Boa and I tried my best to do right by her. It means a lot that you say she looks healthy. I've had her almost 2 years and she's over 3 years old now.

    Yeah, she's the chillest snake I have. Feliz is close, but he's more active. He's slow and deliberate, but likes to move a bit. Behira is incredibly docile and chill and slow moving. We have a good bond too. She's easy to read and isn't afraid of anything. Remember, I come from a BP and corn snake background. Shayna (my albino BP), bless her heart, gets spooked and shoots back if she bumps into my arm, herself, the tank floor when putting her back, etc. She's so shy. If I hold her for long enough, there's a brief period where she chills, but then she gets antsy and wants to go back. I love her, and I am not worried about her getting scared AND biting or anything, but she spooks easy. I can touch her neck, but anywhere near her head, and she is not happy. Yafe (carpet python) is the same way regarding the head, although he doesn't scare easy. Behira, once settled and out, can easily be redirected with gentle nudging on her snout and will "happily" let me rub her head or under her chin. Does she enjoy it? Probably not, and I do not make a habit out of it, but many "newcomers to snakes" are scared by her size and color. I show them how tolerant and friendly she really is sometimes by touching her head and she has no reaction.

    If I had choose any of my snakes getting to a larger size, she would be it, so it works out that she will be the biggest.

    I actually had two people over that "hated" snakes in the past few months. One ended up holding Behira, after first seeing her, then touching her tail, and then going "all the way." She was amazed at how gentle she was and had feared that snakes just bite and strike all the time and where "slimy." The other was open to seeing them, but couldn't resist touching Feliz once he was out. His gentle and nature and small size were too much for her to resist and she wanted to tell her daughter (6) that she touched a snake.

    I will say that many people who are afraid of snakes, tolerate or like the lizards. I use Frank and Ferry and the Leopard Geckos to warm them up and see how gentle reptiles can be.
    It's so great when you get to convert people's views on our evil looking serpents, lol
    That's what I love about boas is there generally slow moving and don't really get spooked easy and of course great eaters.

    . I love seeing updates on your crew

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

    dakski (08-19-2019)

  15. #439
    BPnet Senior Member dakski's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-07-2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,670
    Thanks
    3,609
    Thanked 4,240 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 134

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Behira had a perfect shed last night and I got some pictures today. The iPhone, and even the DSLR usually (which I did not use here), doesn't capture her iridescence. She has a sparkly, rainbow, effect to her. I wish I could capture it on photos, but she is quite vibrant in person.

    She still likes the medium hides sometimes, and I found her curled up like a BP today, head tucked and all! Kind of funny. She was also very active today and all over the place. She kept wanting to go around the couch and in the couch. NOPE. Daddy makes the rules. However, she is usually pretty compliant. Today she was a little defiant, but hardly defensive or aggressive. Just active and docile Behira.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

    richardhind1972 (08-31-2019)

  17. #440
    Registered User richardhind1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2017
    Location
    derbyshire, uk
    Posts
    2,835
    Thanks
    6,411
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Re: Behira - 2016 Female Ivory Ghost - First BCI

    Behira looks great dave, isn't it strange how sometimes the skin is in. Tight rolled up ball like behira was or a long full shed, still fascinates me watching them do it

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

    dakski (08-31-2019)

Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1