Can also try moving the height of the cage by shifting it in the stack. Louie my BCL would strike the door any time i walked by when i had it lower on the stack. Once i moved him up higher, he quit. I guess the whole idea of being low and some larger thing walking by scared him. Rango has also struck the cage door a couple times but only on feed day when i am thawing rats. He curled his lower lip but after i gave him dinner, his lip went back to normal. You can cover the door but personally, i would just leave it and like i said, either move them up on the stack or start walking more slowly by the cages until the snake gets used to the movement.

Luna also used to strike the cage door and coil up when she was on the bottom of the stack when i moved her from her quarantine tank to one of the AP cages. After about a week, she quit doing it and now is completely oblivious and you can literally stomp past her cage and she just sits there. The snakes need to get used the surroundings. Covering them up will not help as when they get bigger and you uncover them, they will be scared of the open space and being larger, their strikes can hurt themselves.