Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 969

2 members and 967 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 465 Posts
    Makes me wonder how they get along in the wild when they're so bad at finding food sometimes.
    Start your own dubia roach colony with Roach Rancher!

Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"

Thanks

Re: Introducing Apophis (pic heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    Makes me wonder how they get along in the wild when they're so bad at finding food sometimes.
    Haha, my mom said the same thing. It’s bizarre, because he’s such a beast hunter! ...as long as it’s not on the ground. He’s just an absolute weirdo.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

wnateg (11-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

He's really stunning. So glad he seems pretty chill for you.

Funny feeding story. I hope you recovery quickly from your surgery. I've been there (foot, tonsils, and a kidney transplant and complications), and now, so has Katie (2 skull surgeries in the past month). Hopefully yours was less serious!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    He's really stunning. So glad he seems pretty chill for you.

Funny feeding story. I hope you recovery quickly from your surgery. I've been there (foot, tonsils, and a kidney transplant and complications), and now, so has Katie (2 skull surgeries in the past month). Hopefully yours was less serious!
    Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope you and Katie are both finding some relief! Nothing scarier than being in that much pain without certainty that it can be fixed. And especially skull surgery! I hope she’s on the mend

I had surgical correction for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I’m lucky enough that a top TOS surgeon is located in my hometown, so I subletted my LA apartment and packed up the snakes to come stay with my mom in Texas for 3.5 months while I’m in recovery.

On Sept 25, they removed my first rib, along with 3 scalene muscles in my neck, performed extensive neurolysis of my brachial plexus and removed scar tissue compressing my subclavian artery and vein. Top it off with a pec minor release and you have a recipe for lots of sleep! But at least I’ll end up with a cool scar and hopefully less nerve pain. Time will tell. Glad to have my emotional support animals here

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-22-2019),richardhind1972 (11-11-2019),wnateg (11-11-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,020 Times in 465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    I subletted my LA apartment and packed up the snakes to come stay with my mom in Texas for 3.5 months while I’m in recovery.

I am moving to Washington state at some point next year, and I am not looking forward to packing up everything.
    Start your own dubia roach colony with Roach Rancher!

Instagram - @AliceAnaconda

0.1.0 Cat "Anna"
    -----
    1.1.0 Emerald Tree Boa "Amanda & Samantha"
    0.1.0 Merauke Scrub Python "Victoria"
    0.1.0 Titanium Reticulated Python "Alice"
    1.0.0 Eastern Indigo
    -----
    0.0.4 Alligator Snapping Turtle "Deborah"
    0.0.2 Florida Snapping Turtles
    0.0.1 Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman "Caroline"
    0.0.1 100% Het Black Dragon Asian Water Monitor
    -----
    0.0.1 Antilles Pink Toe Tarantula "Katherine"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wnateg View Post
    I am moving to Washington state at some point next year, and I am not looking forward to packing up everything.
    Moving cross country is the WORST. Especially with pets. But I was too scared to ship my babies. They hated the drive for sure...gonna be even more interesting when I head back in the middle of winter.

Thanks

80 degrees in Fall was too great an opportunity to miss.

Naturally, while we had the sun, he refused to come out of his egg. As we lost the light, he decided to climb all over me like a devil beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-22-2019),EL-Ziggy (11-22-2019),Reinz (11-22-2019),richardhind1972 (11-22-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Team Slytherin View Post
    Ugh, I’m so sorry to hear that! I hope you and Katie are both finding some relief! Nothing scarier than being in that much pain without certainty that it can be fixed. And especially skull surgery! I hope she’s on the mend

I had surgical correction for Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. I’m lucky enough that a top TOS surgeon is located in my hometown, so I subletted my LA apartment and packed up the snakes to come stay with my mom in Texas for 3.5 months while I’m in recovery.

On Sept 25, they removed my first rib, along with 3 scalene muscles in my neck, performed extensive neurolysis of my brachial plexus and removed scar tissue compressing my subclavian artery and vein. Top it off with a pec minor release and you have a recipe for lots of sleep! But at least I’ll end up with a cool scar and hopefully less nerve pain. Time will tell. Glad to have my emotional support animals here
    I missed this earlier in the month, my apologies.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Katie's on the mend.

I can only imagine what you are going through in the healing process and also leading up to the surgery (I imagine there were risks). I had two major surgeries in 2012. I had a kidney transplant and a subsequent ureter revision (82 staples in all in my abdomen) including 49 down my center line/front from groin to above the belly button. I also had many, many, unpleasant procedures and I was in pain for 6 months. Not a fun experience, and worse, I didn't know if was worth it/if the surgeries were going to be successful and I'd keep the kidney. Luckily, and with the help of great team of doctors and nurses, etc. and doing what I was told, I am here 7 1/2 years later with a functioning kidney.

Keep your spirits up, realize the pain is likely transient, and that this will be worthwhile in the end.

My thoughts are with you on this healing path and feel free to PM if you want to vent.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    I missed this earlier in the month, my apologies.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. Katie's on the mend.

I can only imagine what you are going through in the healing process and also leading up to the surgery (I imagine there were risks). I had two major surgeries in 2012. I had a kidney transplant and a subsequent ureter revision (82 staples in all in my abdomen) including 49 down my center line/front from groin to above the belly button. I also had many, many, unpleasant procedures and I was in pain for 6 months. Not a fun experience, and worse, I didn't know if was worth it/if the surgeries were going to be successful and I'd keep the kidney. Luckily, and with the help of great team of doctors and nurses, etc. and doing what I was told, I am here 7 1/2 years later with a functioning kidney.

Keep your spirits up, realize the pain is likely transient, and that this will be worthwhile in the end.

My thoughts are with you on this healing path and feel free to PM if you want to vent.
    WOW, I also missed this one! You have both been through quite the ordeal. 82 staples?!? I am so glad everything turned out well for you! Healing from those kinds of traumas is such an overwhelming journey. But it’s a great reminder of how incredible our bodies are.

We are about to hit the 17 week mark and pain levels are still higher than pre-op and improving by small measures. But still improving. Looks like I’ll be in Texas awhile yet, but at least I brought the snakies with me!

Thanks

Well, he finally outgrew his favorite hide. And by “outgrew,” I mean split in half! Poor guy. Coming into adulthood...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Team Slytherin For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (01-20-2020),Reinz (01-22-2020)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast