Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,523

2 members and 3,521 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

In need of Live Feeder Rats near Statesboro, GA. Snake will not accept f/t.

I just adopted my first ball python (a female spider) a few weeks ago on the 17th of September, and it had been about a week since she'd eaten. I tried to feed her a f/t fuzzy mouse (scented with rat litter from the pet store since the breeders fed them live pinky rats) after about 5 days so she could get acclimated first, and then a f/t pinky rat 5 more days after that (once the shipment I ordered came in, since they don't carry them at the local let store). She didn't accept either one after I spent over an hour reheating and presenting them to her.
    After she failed to take those, I started to worry since even though snakes can go a long time without eating, she's only 75 grams (now 85 after eating once) and doesn't have much body weight to lose. Not to mention she's still growing. I decided to drive about an hour to the breeder I got her from to pick up a live pinky mouse, which they kindly gave me for free after hearing of my troubles, and we took it right away that night! This was last Saturday on the 30th of September.
    So basically I'm trying to find a supplier for pinky rats (and perhaps larger sizes later when she grows some more) that is closer than an hour away from Statesboro, because it costs a good amount of time and money from gas to drive an hour just for a pinky each week. Also I don't know how long I should wait to try to convert her over to f/t rodents, since I've heard a lot of people have success with this, and I've already purchased and received a shipment of 5 pinky rats and 25 fuzzy rats for when she grows a bit (which I bought when I thought she would accept them).
    i have posted an ad on Craigslist but have not heard back from anyone in a week so I thought I'd ask advice here.

TL;DR Need local supplier of live pinky rats, because my ball python will not accept f/t rats right now.

(Also this is my first post so please have mercy on me)
    Last edited by GoldenRoyal; 10-05-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Noticed some spelling errors