Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,458

0 members and 2,458 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: How to Tell Quality

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    Pics 4 and 5 look brighter and have more "tear drops" which I like on clowns. I prefer a more reduced pattern though and some people like more busy animals.

Keep in mind that color depends on lighting and what camera they were using also, so not all photos depict the right color and not all monitors display color well.

Brighter animals tend to not brown out as much, but it can depend on the genetics behind the animal too. If either breeder has a gallery with pics of the adults that produced these babies, that will tell you a lot.

I would mainly pick based on pattern since color is so unpredictable.
    Boyfriend and I have narrowed it down to pic 3 or pic 5.

I like the reduced pattern on 3, but love the blushing and brightness of 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    my fav is #3. i dig it's pattern and colors. it also looks like it has a blonde mustache lol.

#4 and #5 have really consistent patterns and bright blushed, cool heads.

#6 from the second breeder has a nice reduced patern and dorsal.

i like reduced pattern Clowns but i think #3 has a bit of both. a melted busy pattern meets reduced pattern. also a blonde mustache!
    I'm loving three! Boyfriend is set on 5. He thinks the reduced patterns are boring -.-

Five does has some nice blushing... Maybe I'll bother Tim and see if he would take a couple more pictures of those two.

Thanks for the opinions guys

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    1.0 Clown Ball Python-Talion 1.0 Granite Corn snake-Howl 1.0 Chocolate Flame Crested Gecko-Garrus
    1.1 Cats-Kit and Mia 0.1 Dog-Jersey

Thanks
    I didn't even think of feeding habits! Ask about how they are all eating, if they are eating what you want to feed (f/t or live?) and also for weights. If you are stuck between two, bot with the best feeder of the two. Feeding is the must frustrating part of owning a BP, so going with a good feeder will save you a lot of frustration later on.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

Family Jewels (10-25-2017)

Thanks
    Agreed, a confident snake is a big part of it. I like busy myself, pastel clown female is what I'm after atm...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by artgecko View Post
    I didn't even think of feeding habits! Ask about how they are all eating, if they are eating what you want to feed (f/t or live?) and also for weights. If you are stuck between two, bot with the best feeder of the two. Feeding is the must frustrating part of owning a BP, so going with a good feeder will save you a lot of frustration later on.
    They're all on f/t, but I'll definitely check who's the best feeder.

1.0 Clown Ball Python-Talion 1.0 Granite Corn snake-Howl 1.0 Chocolate Flame Crested Gecko-Garrus

Thanks

I was 100% wrong! They're not on f/t yet. So I put down a deposit and he's going to transition pic 3 and pic 5 and I'm going to take whichever one is the better eater

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleigh91 View Post
    Torn between 1 and 2! Love the blushing on number 1.

And okay I'll post them. I was just worried it would be against the rules since they aren't my photos, or animals I've put a deposit on or anything.

Hope this is alright!

From breeder #1:

From breeder #2:

#5 from the 1st based on your circumstances. But I prefer reduced clown so breeder #2's is the one I'd pick.

Edit: Yeah, figured it'd end up being 5.
    Last edited by hollowlaughter; 10-04-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollowlaughter View Post
    #5 from the 1st based on your circumstances. But I prefer reduced clown so breeder #2's is the one I'd pick.

I really like the pattern on breeder #2's. Bryan dislikes it though and everyone is saying bright is better.

On top of that, breeder #2 hasn't responded to my messages for three days, and Tim (#1) has been responding regularly so that sort of swung it for me.

Super excited though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollowlaughter View Post

There was a beautiful sub-adult blade clown available when I first started looking. Great price too. I would have loved him, but Bryan hated him -sigh-

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    If you are judging solely by appearance, then it is all a matter of preference... some people LOVE banana pythons, and coral glows...I personally think they look ugly. Just me. I'm sure that some of the snakes that I think look awesome some other people will think they look boring.

Its not about "quality:, beauty is purely subjective and resides in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    If you are judging solely by appearance, then it is all a matter of preference... some people LOVE banana pythons, and coral glows...I personally think they look ugly. Just me. I'm sure that some of the snakes that I think look awesome some other people will think they look boring.

Its not about "quality:, beauty is purely subjective and resides in the eye of the beholder.
    The matter of quality comes in when you are judging how they'll maintain their vibrancy as they age though - at least that's my understanding

I think they're all absolutely beautiful. But since I have a handful to chose from, just makes sense to me to get the opinions of those who have experience with the morph.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast