Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,164

2 members and 2,162 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: So this happened

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Stunning lil snake

A photographer suggested to me to cover the snake with a plastic washing up bowl or something , hold it in place for 20 seconds or so , have the camera ready and in place ( tripod or whatever ) then when you lift the cover or bowl you will normally get a few seconds where the snake is motionless ... it worked for my King snakes anyways ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Ive used this trick, it works for my other snakes, not the retic lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Lol was going to say, you stuff something over Caesar and he is going to push it off and continue onward. Nothing stops his forward progress, not even his face being beaten up like Rocky Balboa from a glass door lol.

And on a side note, not sure what got into Rango last night but he was beating up his warm hide like a bad redheaded stepchild. I was seeing that thing lift into the air and shift around lol. And Luna went crazy and somehow managed to move her water bowl almost across the width if her 4x2 cage. Not sure how she did that.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-11-2017 at 10:15 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (12-11-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    He is gorgeous! Snakes are sooo hard to photograph! Since they won't ever sit still it always causes the photos to be blurry, because the camera can't focus. Photos never do them justice anyway, because cameras and unnatural lighting just don't come close to capturing their true colors. Flashes are definitely a huge no-no! I'm actually going to be setting up a little designated photo shoot set soon for taking professional pictures of my snakes and i'm going to heavily light the set with full spectrum bulbs...
    Yeah, i made a makeshift photo booth, for fairly cheap and just used florescent lights i had for my light fixtures around the house. It comes out pretty nice, but still nothing compared to seeing with your own eyes

Heck, the cat will put up with my shenanagins more than the 'tic lol.
    I just used a tutorial from youtube, and ive used this one many times so its pretty banged up. I think im either going to make one thats heavier duty or just buy one online.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol was going to say, you stuff something over Caesar and he is going to push it off and continue onward. Nothing stops his forward progress, not even his face being beaten up like Rocky Balboa from a glass door lol.

And on a side note, not sure what got into Rango last night but he was beating up his warm hide like a bad redheaded stepchild. I was seeing that thing lift into the air and shift around lol. And Luna went crazy and somehow managed to move her water bowl almost across the width if her 4x2 cage. Not sure how she did that.
    Rambo has as of late decided to completely abandon his hide, he forces his way under his water bowl and sleeps with it leaning on his back. And Enzo has always been a re-decorator. She destroys everything haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Lol yeah all of the snakes have been out lately. Gina has abandoned her hides the past few days and sleeps behind them or buries herself under the aspen with just her head poking out at the front by the doors. I thought she pooped or pissed in them so i checked and nope, they are clean. Louie has been out the past few nights too which is surprising as he usually just sits in his hides unless i pick him up. I think he is finally feeling more comfortable. Dinner time is Friday so maybe that is why everyone is starting to perk up and wander around at night except Caesar and Dottie who are both in shed.

As for the photo booth, looks nice. I'm too lazy and just plop my snakes either on the bed, the floor or outside on a chair or myself for photos lol. I'm also only using a little point and click pocket job camera. If i actually invested in a good camera and a made a photo booth, i bet i could make my snakes looks a lot better than the pics i get them in now haha.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (12-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    Is something going on?! My snakes have all been acting odd as well and leaving hides and just sort of hanging out. What is going on, is it the snakepocalypse?
    1.0 ♂ 2010 Spider BP 'Dante'
    1.0 ♂ 2017 Bay of LA Rosy Boa 'Queso'
    0.0.1 2017 Aru GTP 'Ganja'
    1.0 ♂ Blue Tick Coonhound 'Blue'

1.0 ♂ 2018 Basset Hound 'Cooper'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (12-11-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Funny enough, today is day 6 since Sonny's last meal and when i woke up this morning he had flipped his water bowl and pushed all of the reptichip out of one corner of his boaphile. Maybe he only pushes in secret.

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    That bowl trick can work great with most snakes but I do notice when I try it with a retic, as soon as the bowl is lifted, BAM, they are zooming all over the place. Easier to just take photos of them in cage when they are resting otherwise wriggly noodles are stretched out with a mission on their mind and no time for our photo tomfoolery.
    For the Horde!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (12-12-2017),Sauzo (12-12-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    That bowl trick can work great with most snakes but I do notice when I try it with a retic, as soon as the bowl is lifted, BAM, they are zooming all over the place. Easier to just take photos of them in cage when they are resting otherwise wriggly noodles are stretched out with a mission on their mind and no time for our photo tomfoolery.
    exactly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDA View Post
    Is something going on?! My snakes have all been acting odd as well and leaving hides and just sort of hanging out. What is going on, is it the snakepocalypse?
    Haha... Im glad to hear you are all experiencing this too. Coco has 2 lovely hides yet still loves to force herself between the viv side and the cave hide... was wondering if she was ok...

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast