Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,858

0 members and 2,858 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: So this happened

Quote Originally Posted by Alexiel03 View Post
    Beautiful retic! Purples are my favorite too alongside mocchinos. I want a super dwarf though so I'm waiting to find the perfect one.

Sent from my LGL39C using Tapatalk
    I do love the look of mocchinos. I was eyeing a 75% super dwarf 25% dwarf at the expo and the dealer kept trying to sell me two for a bargain. I was tempted but i figured id just go all out and get one of my all time favorites

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Congrats! I was at the sac show too and there were some real beautiful retics there.
    For the Horde!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (10-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    So whats his name? Adonis?

Thanks
    Can you all stop making me want a retic!-)

What about Tyson, Rocky, Rossi, klitchko, champ, Mr T, Murdock, trooper, crusher, neegan, rex, Indiana Jones, diesel, bana, bane, Batman, Thor,.....

Diesel is cool...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Really amazing pickup! Grats.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    You guys are killing me with all these nice retics. I want one bad.!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Sorry i just kind of disappeared! Updates: This is now yet another progression thread! I still have yet to name him, so far the only option my significant other says is decent is Thor, i like it but am not sold on it yet so, for now he still has no name. Keep the suggestions coming!
    His new (temporary) home came in though, and i rearranged my whole set up and think it looks pretty nice all things considered. Ive had him a month and he seems to have put on some length already, he seems to be a few inches (6-8) shy of 4 feet long. I havent weighed him since his initial weigh in, which was 150 something grams (i wrote it down and lost it). He hasn't refuse a meal yet, but took some convincing to eat the first week, and again today since it was his first feed in the new enclosure. Also, ive tried F/T and he will strike and wrap but not eat, unless i give him a live rodent first. Hopefully in the next feeding or two we can just do without the live.

*Also, im aware i should quarantine for 6 months, but placing the cage in a separate room isn't an option right now so im being sure to wash hands/materials before they come into contact with any of my other pets.
    *Second also, the rhp was still warming up in the pictures, his tempos are at 90 under the rhp and 77-78 at the far cool side now.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (12-28-2017),Godzilla78 (11-11-2017),MR Snakes (12-08-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I love the yawning picture! I can never get one of those. What about the name Logan? Or Ryder?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Hey all, still no name on this guy yet. I feel like a terrible person lol. Anyways i was curious to hear if my experience with his behavior relates to anyone else's. I have yet to see him cruise his cage looking for food. I was feeding him two small mice, you could barely notice he'd eaten. I was doing this because i could not get him to eat frozen without enticing him with a live first. We've finally gotten past that and he's completely on f/t now, and i've bumped him up from small mice to young rats (sausages? the size where they first begin to open their eyes) and now on to small rats. The small rat (honestly tad smaller than what i would consider a small, at lest compared to my usual supplier) left a decent size bulge, nothing crazy but you could tell he had a big meal. Even with the large meal its completely indistinguishable about a day and a half later. I assume he's finished digesting as well because he moves from his 90 degree hot spot to his 77 degree hide. Its been 5 days since he fed, 3.5 of which he's been just hanging out in his cool side hide. Is this normal? It seems like most people post about theirs being out roaming for food, i've yet to see it. I suppose it could be i'm just missing it but his substrate looks undisturbed and i also check on him when i leave for work at 3 am, when all my other snakes are usually out and about. Any thoughts? Am i just paranoid?
    Just to note he is about 4 feet long ( maybe a couple inches under, and i'm guessing 200-300 grams (my scale broke)) is the feeder size i'm using appropriate? After seeing a'lot of other posts and pictures i'm more concerned that i'm underfeeding. What do you all think?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    Hey all, still no name on this guy yet. I feel like a terrible person lol. Anyways i was curious to hear if my experience with his behavior relates to anyone else's. I have yet to see him cruise his cage looking for food. I was feeding him two small mice, you could barely notice he'd eaten. I was doing this because i could not get him to eat frozen without enticing him with a live first. We've finally gotten past that and he's completely on f/t now, and i've bumped him up from small mice to young rats (sausages? the size where they first begin to open their eyes) and now on to small rats. The small rat (honestly tad smaller than what i would consider a small, at lest compared to my usual supplier) left a decent size bulge, nothing crazy but you could tell he had a big meal. Even with the large meal its completely indistinguishable about a day and a half later. I assume he's finished digesting as well because he moves from his 90 degree hot spot to his 77 degree hide. Its been 5 days since he fed, 3.5 of which he's been just hanging out in his cool side hide. Is this normal? It seems like most people post about theirs being out roaming for food, i've yet to see it. I suppose it could be i'm just missing it but his substrate looks undisturbed and i also check on him when i leave for work at 3 am, when all my other snakes are usually out and about. Any thoughts? Am i just paranoid?
    Just to note he is about 4 feet long ( maybe a couple inches under, and i'm guessing 200-300 grams (my scale broke)) is the feeder size i'm using appropriate? After seeing a'lot of other posts and pictures i'm more concerned that i'm underfeeding. What do you all think?
    As long as it's got good muscle tone and a good body shape/proportions I'd say you're doing fine. They have crazy fast metabolisms so seeing that lump disappear in a few days is normal. Some of them just don't push and roam like others. They can take a huge meal but don't necessarily need to. You'll know if it starts pushing, they'll destroy the cage, get a fat lip, scrapes on the jaw, it will be noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (11-11-2017)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast