Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,850

0 members and 2,850 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Won't Eat

Thanks

Question Won't Eat

My Snake wont eat i have had him/her for about 2-3 weeks now and he/she wont eat. I try f/t and i have tried live. when i tried live he/she looked interest, curled around the fuzzy and all but never when for a strike, a couple of times he looked as if he was going to( cocked his head back) but never did?? What should i do????

Thanks

Re: Won't Eat

I can try to help. Is your BP cruising during the day at all? Do you have enough hides and are your temps ok? Sobe was cruising during the day and that meant he was stressed. This was the advice my herp guru gave to me when I first got Sobe and he wouldn't eat. He told me to move Sobe into a room with low traffic and just leave him alone for a week. DOn't handle him, just peek to make sure everthing is ok but leave him alone. Then after that week I was to go in and offer a live hopper at night right into his container. Sobe took it. Every week I did the same and after 4 successful feeds I could handle him and move him. I hope this helps some.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

lol, took the word right out of my mouth
    -marshall

Thanks

Good advice, khara. Jordan, have you been handling your new snake a lot? New snakes need a little time to get used to their environment. If you take khara's advice, you should have it eating in a week or two. And start with a hopper instead of a fuzzy. BPs can eat larger mice than you might think.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Air23Jordan
    My Snake wont eat i have had him/her for about 2-3 weeks now and he/she wont eat. I try f/t and i have tried live. when i tried live he/she looked interest, curled around the fuzzy and all but never when for a strike, a couple of times he looked as if he was going to( cocked his head back) but never did?? What should i do????
    Most likely a husbandry problem ... temps, humidity, security are the primary reasons ball pythons will not eat.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty