Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,018

0 members and 3,018 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Michigan interstate health certificate?/?

so since i havent seen it posted anywhere here.... i figured i would post.
    so michigan has recently passed a law that requires any animal coming from across state lines must have a interstate health certificate. however there are currently no regulations on this. i have just had a albino mall ball sent to me via fedex without cert. came with no issues. "Non-native, Domestic Reptiles
    • An official interstate certificate of veterinary inspection (ICVI) properly completed by a veterinarian that is licensed in the animal’s state of origin AND is accredited by the USDA in the animal’s state of origin within 30 days prior to importation;
    • Check local ordinances for any further regulations or requirements that may apply.'' http://www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610...5820--,00.html. but i guess if you can find loopholes use them while you can.... quite honestly i believe it to be bullsh!t

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

Re: Michigan interstate health certificate?/?

Thanks

i think its so dumb that they do this b.s. but either way found that loophole. fedex doesn't even think twice about the delivery of the reptile. its like they were never informed about the new law here....im not mad got my male albino............i just know there are a lot of breeders on morph-market that are not even aware of the new laws. seems like there should be a posting about the issue.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    So basically everyone saw this and said screw that we ain't doing it?

Because the way I'm reading this link it sounds as if each state has regulations regarding shipping animals to that state from another country. The aphis site says "Into the US" not into say Ohio.
    Last edited by Jhill001; 09-26-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    The site has the regulations for importing into the country and links to each state's web site that has the state regulations, and the regs apply to interstate shipping as well as imports from outside the US. As an example when I took my horse to Vertmont for a week-long trail riding vacation with a friend I needed to get a health certificate for him within 30 days of the trip, in addition to having a negative Coggins and current vaccinations.