Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

1 members and 3,075 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Case on Neighbor's Pets?

Can we claim a case, if our neighbor's pet bites? If so under which case we can claim it? Is it a personal injury case? Do we receive any compensation regarding the case? Help me if anyone knows!
    Last edited by adamchrly; 09-25-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Thanks
    What was the animal? Were there significant injuries and did you have to seek medical treatment? Also, did you willingly interact with the animal (i.e. try to pet it, etc.) or did it run up and bite you (i.e. like a loose dog)?

I am no lawyer, but these factors will probably come in to play. I've known people that sued others when bitten by a dog and claiming medical costs, etc. but in those cases, they received funds to cover the necessary medical treatment and no more. I also had my dog bitten by a neighbors dog...pretty badly requiring vet bills. In that case, we approached the owner who paid for the cost of the vet treatment without any legal action. In that case, I also filed a complaint with animal control because the dog was loose and attacked another dog so that it would be on record.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

3. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (09-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    As artgecko said, details matter. Was Animal Control called? Did Animal Control seize the animal? Was the animal running at large or was it on its property?

Did the people who were injured suffer monetary losses, such as for being out of work? Did the people who were injured seek medical treatment? Are there long-term complications from the injuries that could affect ability to work or future activities? Did they have health insurance? If so, expect the insurance company to subrogate.