So maybe some of you remember my cute little ghost corn... Sora.

A couple months ago I started noticing part of his food being barfed up. I thought perhaps it was a weird poo but when I took it to the vet they confirmed Sora was barfing up his food.

He said that I should decrease the prey size a bit. Or keep downsizing until Sora digests properly.

So for the next month or so I started feeding smaller. Smaller. Still the same thing kept happening. I got a weight scale and got super specific with the weights of the pinkies even.

I returned to the vet and he told me I went too small now. "Far too small. It's odd he won't keep them down. Are you handling him a lot?"

I hardly reach in there any more. I stopped changing his water out everyday to every other day. Change his paper towel bedding even less frequently. I even tried to extend feedings to every other week even.

I haven't touched him as much as I could help... (accidentally bumping him when getting something that wasn't him out or something of the like)

So he said try specifically baby mice at the Fuzzy stage (3-4 grams) no more no less. At that point it got hard to tell what size to give him because he's so skinny. He specifically told me to watch him eat. See how he swallows. Explained how he SHOULD eat and gave me hints to look for...

Well so basically it's like he forgets he's eating it because he stops swallowing it and it's sitting there in his esophagus. Not even in his stomach. So I brought that up.

So then came the questions of where I got the Corn... which breeder. And I explained the little mom/pop pet store I got him from... and he looked at me and said.

"My best guess is that he was born out in the wild and found."

But he's a "Ghost Corn?"

Or, he said he has a birth defect preventing him from swallowing. It's common for animals, even humans, to have very weird mutations or defects due to inbreeding...

Can someone please double check this Vet? In part I'm trying to help my little guy but I don't want there to be "nothing I can do."

But I guess this is a huge heart heavy type of lesson to mind where you're getting your new pet buddy from...

Herp Derp