Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,685

3 members and 2,682 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Thread: Hide Help

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Hide Help

Okay so my baby girl has gotten huge lol I currently am using the Large Exo-Terra hides. I really like the look of them in the cage. Last night when I took Valentine out I literally plucked it off her like a turtle shell. She's very tight in there, touching all sides and kinda stacked like a figure 8. I watched her go back into it and noticed her back rubs a little bit going into the opening. She was able to stuff herself in there very quickly though with no hesitation.

My question is - is this OKAY? I kind of thought these hides would be her forever homes but am now wondering if I need to upgrade and get a bigger size. Thing is I haven't seen any natural looking hides for BP. Suggestions or re-assurance is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Valentine's Keeper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts
    I love exo terra hides too! It's ok but you should be able to go up a size or even two without issue. I just picked up the extra large size of them and they redesigned them (I have an extra large but older design). The internet meme of "if it fits, I sit" is perfect for balls.

Check out Dr Foster and Smith for great prices (free shipping for orders over $19). As an example, my ball is 40 inches long and 1100 grams in weight and fits perfect in the extra large cave, no turtle shelling at all

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Aerries (09-22-2017),Godzilla78 (09-22-2017),JackS (09-22-2017),Snoopyslim (09-22-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Hide Help

I thought large was the biggest size! That's great they have an extra large, I'm hoping my local pet store carries them. Thanks for the suggestion. She hasn't missed a meal so I don't think she's uncomfortable in her current hides I just don't like the idea of her scraping on it since it's a fairly rough texture.
    Valentine's Keeper