Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 516

1 members and 515 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some neat stuff

Thanks

Re: Some neat stuff

Yeah, I understand. I procrastinate almost everything, never mind huge projects or large agendas I find intimidating

But like I said, I go it alone with the rehab stuff. It's more like a hobby than a job, which I honestly think is better because it doesn't become a chore. I don't make money doing it, but I also didn't have to take classes and spend money for schooling to study and learn how to do it. You could totally get the permit, keep your day job and care for animals whenever you have the time.

Aside from that, I'm not sure if you're pushing a full work week, but you could always volunteer at a wildlife center or a zoo once a week to just get a foot in the door. I got my first job that way, and half a year later I was training hawks and feeding alligators.

Do what you love, even if it's only a little bit. Life's too short to be unhappy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KayLynn For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-22-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KayLynn View Post
    Yeah, I understand. I procrastinate almost everything, never mind huge projects or large agendas I find intimidating

But like I said, I go it alone with the rehab stuff. It's more like a hobby than a job, which I honestly think is better because it doesn't become a chore. I don't make money doing it, but I also didn't have to take classes and spend money for schooling to study and learn how to do it. You could totally get the permit, keep your day job and care for animals whenever you have the time.

Aside from that, I'm not sure if you're pushing a full work week, but you could always volunteer at a wildlife center or a zoo once a week to just get a foot in the door. I got my first job that way, and half a year later I was training hawks and feeding alligators.

Do what you love, even if it's only a little bit. Life's too short to be unhappy
    Thanks! I just recently took on a new position at work, so I'm working 6 days and 40+, but that's temporary. I do the scheduling and hiring and am in the process of bringing new people in. I Luckily have a good amount of flexibility with my hours and have worked to the point that I no longer have to do tons of nights and weekends, which is fantastic. I actually looked into volunteering at Franklin Park Zoo and plan on doing a day or two next season. Hoping that will ease me in and see if it will give me the courage to just go for it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

KayLynn (09-22-2017)

Thanks

A nice positive read. Its good to know there are some that get a second chance. Also good job on your work with them. A long time ago we took care of a squirrel we eventually let it go.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

KayLynn (09-22-2017)

Thanks

I'm such a geek, I read the word "gannet" and immediately jumped to the Monty Python bookshop sketch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

KayLynn (09-22-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12