Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,726

1 members and 2,725 guests
AR29,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Bubbles when hissing?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazycatOP View Post
    I am going to politely disagree to that as my boa loves being sprayed. I can be spraying the other side of his enclosure and he'll slither into the spray of water. But I will avoid directly spraying my ball pythons

My Kingsnake seems to enjoy being misted sometimes too. I use a pump mister rather than a spray bottle (best $5 I ever spent by the way) and when I'm misting his enclosure he often comes out to see what I'm up to and will often just slither through the stream of water. I don't intentionally spray or mist any of my snakes, including my King, but if he crawls into the stream I don't stop him. My BP HATES when I mist near him, so I take him out when I mist his enclosure.

Anyway... to answer your original question about the bubbles: I would chalk this up to being sprayed, however, I would monitor the snake very closely and make sure that's all it was. Also, look for signs like elevated head, more bubbles, mucous build up, mucous smeared on the glass and/or water bowl and hides/decorations. My guess is all is fine, but I would just watch carefully and wouldn't hesitate to make a vet appointment if any other symptoms appear.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 09-22-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123