Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,956

2 members and 2,954 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,478 Times in 824 Posts

Hides: a funny story

So I decided to get a new cold hide in anticipation of the new enclosure I will be getting for Dante. I got an exo terro extra large reptile cave because well it was on sale and I like the look of these cave hides. His old cold hide was just a low cost cheap plastic hide that he would always bulldoze. It worked but I never liked it.

So this new hide is low on the cave opening side and tall in the back, basically reverse of his warm hide. Well I thought I would kill two birds with one stone and check in on him like I do every week to see if he is good to come out and the other to put in the new hide so he could get acclimated to it before the new enclosure comes.

I noticed yesterday that he was full on pink belly ready to shed. Well today he went blue. I went ahead and picked him up and placed him on top of his warm hide. He immediately ran over to the cool side and began trying to squeeze into his branches only to find his old hide under there was no more. After squirming around I gently picked his cranky butt up and placed him in front of the new hide.

It was like trying to watch me fit into certain jeans only worse. I started to panic that maybe I got the wrong size as he is a big snake but... After 10 minutes of moving around inspecting the entire new hide and sticking his head in and out, I came back to find his tail slithering in comfortably.

Moral of the story is balls will squeeze in the smallest thing they can find fitting be damned! Happy ending is he not only fits but it's snug and it gives enough room to squeeze all the way in the back without having to worry about him being exposed. So yay success!

Size: 10.5” long x 10” wide x 4.3” high
    Last edited by SDA; 09-21-2017 at 02:39 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SDA For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-21-2017),Godzilla78 (09-21-2017),zina10 (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    They do love their hides, don't they !!!

LOL!!

All mine do not want to give up the hides when they are to small. Eventually, their "cup floweth over" and they stick out on all sides, carrying the hide on top of them like some strange kind of turtle.

But they insist "it fits just fine" and prefer the small ones to the next size up, LOL
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-21-2017)