Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,815

0 members and 2,815 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: Lavender Albino or not?

My daughter sees red in its eyes. I'll post another photo after a few more sheds to see if anyone can help us pinpoint the morph of this baby. It seems an accurate answer may take years and future breedings to solve.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piedpiperballs View Post
    My daughter sees red in its eyes. I'll post another photo after a few more sheds to see if anyone can help us pinpoint the morph of this baby. It seems an accurate answer may take years and future breedings to solve.
    This may also just be a random genetic occurrence based on the fact that there may be something occurring on a chromosome that may only show up intermittently or sporadic.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

It seems to me an ultramel in the last pics, not banana. They have very dark ruby eyes when hatchling almost looks black.
    0.1 piebald 0.1 ultramel 0.1 butter pastel 66% het ultramel
    0.1 ragdoll

Thanks

Here is a photo after second shed. Quite a change from hatchling, after first shed, and now after second shed. I was hoping the purple tint would last but no such luck.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Wow. That's . . . Really weird. Honestly, if you had told me it was a baby Ultramel, yeah, I'd believe you. When you breed it, and breed it to a range of mates, please do post results. That may be the only way to know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    Wow. That's . . . Really weird. Honestly, if you had told me it was a baby Ultramel, yeah, I'd believe you. When you breed it, and breed it to a range of mates, please do post results. That may be the only way to know.
    Here are some photos from this morning with an ultramel and a lavender albino for comparison. I know he's not an ultramel but he looks very similar.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 622 Posts
    As I was reading through this thread I was thinking the same thing, I bet both are het for Ultramel and what you have there is an Ultramel (+ het for Lavender Albino). The pattern looks exactly like Ultramel and from what I've seen the colors can vary quite a bit in different lines of Ultramel.

This kind of reminds me of the Monarch project, the guy who discovered it popped out an unexpected snake that looks similar to this and named it 'Monarch', but I'm starting to wonder if was actually an Ultramel too. I'd be really interested to see someone cross a Monarch with an Ultramel to see if they are compatible. Speaking of which, a good way to prove out this guy would be to buy an Ultramel, pair them up and see if you get visual Ultramels or if you get normal double hets. I'd say if it's not compatible with Ultramel you may have something new here and it could be significant. If you could get your hands on a Monarch that would be an interesting pair as well...

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I have plenty of ultramels I could pair him up with so I'll give that a shot when the time comes. He's already 350 grams so it shouldn't be too much longer. I'm still curious about the two normal het for lavender albino siblings and am hoping the grayish one is visual for a recessive trait. I guess only time and experimentation will tell.

Thanks

Either bourgone albino or pastel ultramel.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234