Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,817

1 members and 2,816 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

All it takes is one day...

So I have a cinnamon ball python, female, and I thought, maybe I could breed her. So I put a pastel male in with her. However, I forgot to weigh her so after one day I decided to weigh her to see what her weight was, but she was underweight by 100 grams 1900), playing it safe, I moved the pastel male out.

So about a month ago, I checked on her and found she was sitting on a clutch of 6 eggs (because she'd stopped eating which is rare for her). So I transferred them to vermiculite/perlite thinking they were fresh. They started to collapse, so I was panicking, thinking it's too early for them to hatch and writing them off as soon-going-to-be dead. One dried out and so I removed it from the top to the side, it eventually died.

After a lot of upsets where the heating turned off one time, and having to move them out due to fumigation, and one night in the cold because the power turned off, I was sure they would all die.

Then today, surprise, surprise they all hatched.

Yeah, so apparently it only takes one day for a female to become gravid. 1 freaking day. And her eggs turned out hardy despite everything.

Looks like I got a pewter, I think. Since this is their first day, I'm not sure until they come out and then I can sex them and get your votes. I see definite cinnamon patterns on all of them though.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoldSheep For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-19-2017),Potatoren (09-19-2017),the_rotten1 (09-19-2017),zina10 (09-19-2017)

Thanks

Re: All it takes is one day...

Oh widdle baby snoots, I'm so glad to hear they made it theyre so cute

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Potatoren For This Useful Post:

BPSnakeLady (09-19-2017),GoldSheep (09-19-2017)

Thanks

Wowza! If I were you I'd invest in some lottery tickets cuz you are so lucky! XD Im so happy that most of them made it! I cant guess more then two cinnamon from what i see in the pic but im super excited to see those little ones when they come out

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

GoldSheep (09-19-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    Wowza! If I were you I'd invest in some lottery tickets cuz you are so lucky! XD Im so happy that most of them made it! I cant guess more then two cinnamon from what i see in the pic but im super excited to see those little ones when they come out

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
    I have one definite pewter. It's too light to be a cinnamon. And then one normal. Three cinnamon (one fully emerged, female, I think) and the last one I'm not sure because it has some cinnamonish patterns (floating alien heads), but it doesn't mean it's a cinnamon since some normals can have a cinnamon-like pattern and it's staying below so I can't see the pattern/colors clearly. There are no pastels. I'm laughing because last year I bred a pastel to a normal and got all normals. The odds of that are quite funny.

Either way, I'm lucky to produce a pewter--with some luck it'll be a female. I'll take pictures when they come out and you can see them better then. I kinda want to leave them be while they are taking their last meal from the egg. I usually wait to sex them since their guts are usually filled with egg white, etc which they need to absorb before I sex them.
    Last edited by GoldSheep; 09-19-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Wow, that is an awesome snake breeding story! Love the suspense, and the happy ending!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

GoldSheep (09-19-2017)

Thanks
    Waiting for the pewter to come out before I take pictures, but it's shy and hatched last.

So far, 6 eggs (I miscounted, sue me). 1 pewter, 1 normal, 4 cinnamon, 0 pastel. Haha. I wonder if that pastel isn't going to produce a pastel. Of the cinnamon, one has the dominant trait I've been breeding for--the spotted dorsal. The normal looks funky and looks to be a female, which will make her easier to sell.

Thanks
    I did not segregate them, they segregated themselves.

Pewter is female and is esssscaaapppingsss. The normal has strange alien eyes. Most of the "alien eyes" are dashes.

Normal pattern:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GoldSheep For This Useful Post:

dylan815 (09-20-2017)