hi all!!! my name is jeannell m williams but you can call me nellie! i have ALWAYS loved snakes and my maternal grandfather was a snake charmer i inherited his ability. i will be getting a snake soon and right now i'm trying to get all the info i need for his/her home. i've researched and read everything i can find on snake homes as well as what to look for if they're sick. i might have to get my snake from a pet store because of where we live. (east coast of FL). the biggest thing is what or how to setup the actual tank. i've read a ton ( i mean a TON) but i still am confused about what to do. i know the basics but it's the extra stuff like humidity and temp. he/she will reside in my room but the reason i have issues with the temp/hum is because our house on avg during the day varies from 73-90 F. (i'm not kidding it can get HOOOOOTTTT here). i have zero clue how to measure humidity in a normal room. as for what type of bp i am getting it will be the regular type. i have read about morphs and i have found a few breeders but where i live i can't actually go see them before purchase. i know the issues with pet store chains mistreating animals specifically snakes and i know what to look for. luckily we found a new petsupermarket that is SUPER clean and appears to have a decent looking reptile area. (no dead animals no rotting food etc). they also only appear to have one snake per tank which is great. (i've seen much worse). anyway if your wondering why i labelled this as snake charmer it's because from the age of 6 i can 'communicate' with snakes as well as can be around venomous snakes without being bit. my grandfather never wore gloves when handling rattlers. i don't require them either. i also have a cat her name is Shadow and have read on this site how cat saliva is toxic to snakes. i didn't know that. is there any suggestions on how to keep my snake safe and not make my older baby feel left out? ive had her since she was born literally (i helped deliver her and her siblings) and i don't want her to overly jealous or feelings of loneliness because of her new sibling. any and ALL help is highly needed and appreciated. i hope to make some future snake friends. also lat note my major is zoology and snakes are my specific line of work.