Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,874

1 members and 2,873 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

View Poll Results: How long did it take for you to find the lost snake?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Within 12 hours.

10 52.63%
  • Within a Month.

4 21.05%
  • Within half a year.

2 10.53%
  • Within a year.

0 0%
  • After a Year.

0 0%
  • Never.

3 15.79%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Ball python gone

Time to stop thinking like a human and start thinking like a snake.

If you can't find the snake then it's time to bring the snake to you (If you have any other critters, it's time to put them outside or in their crates/enclosure). You must be patient, though. You are now dealing with, and trying to manipulate, your snake's internal clock.

If you can cool your room/home dramatically, you might be able to draw your snake to a (SAFE) heat source in the center of the room. But, I suspect that you'll have better luck with bait.

If you feed live, set a rodent in a breathable enclosure in the middle of a cleared out room. Use just the high setting of the blower on a hair dryer and periodically broadcast to your snake that "dinner is served" at that spot. You shouldn't need to use the heat setting at all.

If you feed frozen/thawed, just use the sun to warm up the rodent on a plate in the center of the room for a while, and then, when it's no longer cool, periodically use that hair dryer and set it to high blower/hot to broadcast your "dinner is served" message.

Sit in a nearby chair (after you've made absolutely sure that your snake is not hiding in it!) with a glass of wine, or some other beverage, read a book or a magazine, and wait and watch for movement. I would suggest NOT watching TV or using a computer because it's too damned easy to get your attention sucked into that screen. You must be aware of movement.

If your snake doesn't make an immediate appearance, don't lose heart. You may have to repeat the process several times. But, eventually, hunger, and the snake's instinctual drive to self-preservation, should do the trick.

Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dadofsix For This Useful Post:

Monty44 (09-18-2017)

Thanks
    Status Update:
    It's been 4 days since Cinnamon's disappearance, and still no luck.

I do have multiple baits readied in different locations throughout the house, and my house now currently is infested with ants and smells like rotting flesh due to dead rats.
    I'm going to keep on trying until Mid December before officially calling it over. If cold winter is not going to bring her to a warm spot in the house, either she is already dead, ran away outside, or is lost within the walls to a point she can't find her way out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12