Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,911

1 members and 2,910 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Stuck on duct tape

Quote Originally Posted by Damariscotta View Post
    The skin seems a little looser then usual around the red area on the side of his neck but nothing hanging or sagging down.
    If the skin stays loose and the redness persists over the next several days, take him to the vet. Otherwise just keep an eye on him, he looks like he'll be fine.

I'm glad he's not in too bad a shape Sticky things and snake scales = bad news bears.
    Last edited by KayLynn; 09-15-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks
    I'd use hot glue to attache all of your probes ,etc. It is what I use and seems to work well.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks

I had the same problem it's Deffo a lesson I've learnt from I also successfully got it off with vegetable oil and didn't loose and scales it's a scary situation hope you'd snake makes a full recovery

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    If you have any silvadene/silver sulfadiazine cream, you could apply that and monitor for healing. Good job getting the duct tape off. I've used duct tape to trap a wayward corn snake in a government building (stay of execution before they determined its fate). It took me over an hour and a half with Q-tips and oil to successfully extricate him from the tape. But he was totally unharmed. Impatience can be disastrous. The key is patience, and you did it! Good luck!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GenePirate View Post
    If you have any silvadene/silver sulfadiazine cream, you could apply that and monitor for healing. Good job getting the duct tape off. I've used duct tape to trap a wayward corn snake in a government building (stay of execution before they determined its fate). It took me over an hour and a half with Q-tips and oil to successfully extricate him from the tape. But he was totally unharmed. Impatience can be disastrous. The key is patience, and you did it! Good luck!
    Thank you, I feel extremely stupid for having put tape in there in the first place I should've done more reading about it before I did or at least realized the danger it posed. He's doing better today it seems though His belly scales aren't red anymore, his side still is though but less than yesterday. He also has those dull patches of scales. I assume once he sheds that'll go back to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12