Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,905

1 members and 2,904 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Crested!

Thanks

Thumbs up New Crested!

I just got this guy yesterday at the show in Austin, TX. He's 2 years old and is just gorgeous, not to mention sweet and easy to handle. He's such a little fatty, has these little rolls under his chin and on his sides, LoL. Here are a few pics of him and one pic of his enclosure.

Let me know what ya'll think. I put his enclosure together kind of quickly, so let me know if I need to add anything. Can I put a 15w nightbulb on him?
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Re: New Crested!

Very nice crested.
    How was the austin show?.. I didnt get to go this year
    -Lucas K.-
    1.0 Jungle Carpet Python
    1.1 Ball Python
    0.0.2 Green Tree Python

Thanks

cool crested! you can do a night bulb but they can take it down to the upper 60's.

vaughn

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries

and so the addiction begins....

congrats!
    - Emily

Thanks

Thanks guys.

The Austin show was ok. ALOT of animals, but an equal amount of people, LoL. There were so many people with HUGE baby strollers and screaming children, that you could barely get down the aisles(sometimes not at all). You really just couldn't enjoy the show for what it was worth because of all of the people and the lack of space for all of those people.

There were too many animals that wanted to come home with me though...
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

someone should start a daycare at the big shows!!! lol i'd pay. a science/reptile hands on daycare would keep the little ones busy.

vaughn

Thanks

Oh Becky he's darling!

Vaughn, I wish they did offer that at shows. We are planning to go the the first reptile show in Kalamazoo and one big issue will be overnight care for our 4 year old as no way will we take a kidlet that age with us.

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

DEAR GOD DAYCARE WOULD ROCK!!! Poor Adam can attest to that as I dragged my 2 small children to Adam's shop today...the 3 year old was pretty good, the 1 year old was a beast!! My little girl is darling but doesn't like to be upstaged by cutie snakes!!!

I try not to take the kids to shows if possible (went on Sat to the NOVA expo with them and sister in tow for help!). There's no way they're coming to MARS with me, but whoever comes up with daycare would make a killing!

BTW - Adorable crestie! Welcome to the club, they are adorable! Great set up for a quickie run! I love the rope, but if you don't see them using it I'd visit the local dollar store and pick up a length of ivy or something and wrap it around. They love their hiding space!
    Wendy

0.1 Het Hypo BP (Breena)
    1.1 German Shepard (KA-ZAR & Cody)
    0.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1 Creamsicle corn (Trixie)
    0.1 Lavendar het motley corn (Lily)
    1.0 Motley Corn (Jackson)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kavmon
    someone should start a daycare at the big shows!!! lol i'd pay. a science/reptile hands on daycare would keep the little ones busy.

vaughn
    No doubt Vaughn! My kids are now too big for day care,however, I still refuse to take them. I love going to the shows, but wont take the kids based on my experiences with them in the past and other ppls kids, I dont want to be one of "those parents whose brats are screaming and with strollers in the way, etc". I take into consideration that some ppl dont want to have to try to get around strollers and screaming kids and that some may do what I do, use the show as a reason to be kid free (grandpa and thier uncle always takes them for me for a few hours) to recoup some sanity before going back to the gallows. The last show we went to I was a little perturbed, there was a couple who seemed like no matter what I did to get away from them and thier screaming/running and stroller riding kids I could not, at one point, I had to ask the parent to please control thier child because I had actually dropped a bag with frozen feeders on my foot and was afraid that if thier kids kept up it would be dropped on one of them eventually because of the way they kept running around me playing around. I just dont think the shows are a good place to take kids. Especially very young ones. They really should get the babysitting thing going... someone would make a killing money wise!
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

I have to agree Jeanne. Don't get me wrong I love my 4 hoodlams....errr...children but I do think there are times and places where bringing your kids along is just not fair to them or the other people having to put up with your children. Like reptile shows, very expensive restaurants, movies not really meant for kids (and boring them silly), etc., etc.

I'm sorry but it drives me nuts when I'm paying for babysitting so Mike and I can get a bit of time away from the kids or are at an event we felt was not really "kid friendly" and some poor child is crying or acting out because it's parents decided dragging it with them was okay.

Why are parents like that seemingly deaf and blind to their own kids activities?

Course there are the really smart people in our community that drag their dogs to every darn event - even ones posted as "no dogs allowed". I doubt the poor dogs really want to be drug through a tightly packed crowd, in 90 degree weather, at the local antique car show (dogs don't drive so why in heck would they want to view cars when all they really see from down there is people's butts!) or at the 4th of July fireworks. Must be real "fun" to be the poor dog flinching at every loud explosion of sound and light.

Acck I went off on a rant again! More coffee....more coffee!

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast