Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,918

0 members and 1,918 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Hybrid View

Thanks

automatic humidity system???

Hello, i have a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank i have build for my retic. I'm really going all out on this big enclosure and it's heated by a RHP. So, i was wondering if theres some kind of humidity system someone sells where you can set a humidity level and it will auto mist and keep your enclosure at a proper level of humidity?? I have no clue if theres something like this, but it would be cool if there was.
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

Thanks

Re: automatic humidity system???

I have been looking at the spyder robotics herpstat. They say they will do temp and humidity but I have not heard of anyone using them for humidity. Everyone swears by them for temp control. I'd also be interested to hear anyone's experience with them controlling humidity.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thanks

I just got a Herpstat for my heat lamp, and have been looking into connecting it to some sort of mister. I have a Herpstat 4 (room to expand) and it can run a humidifier on 2 of the channels. It can run at a set time, up to 9 scheduled times per day, or you can buy a humidity sensor for it to turn on when it reaches below a certain threshold. I've seen people use room humidifiers with a tube channeling it into an enclosure, or reptile-specific foggers or home-made ones, though not necessarily with the Herpstat.

Thanks

I made a tank humidifier from an ultrasonic humidifier off Craigslist for $10. Got the tubing and connecting parts from home depot for under $10. It's not automatic, but works well when I'm closing up the cage (lost humidity) after handling the snake. I think I saw some cage humidifiers from ZooMed that work on a schedule. They run about $70-$80 and put out fog. I have a glass cage with foil covered top, and coconut substrate. My humidity is not hard to control, and I live in the desert. I check it nightly using digital temp/ humidity gauges. I have one one each side, and add as needed. The more experienced folks may have ideas about hooking one up to become more automated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to copper For This Useful Post:

dylan815 (09-15-2017)