Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,174

0 members and 3,174 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Thanks

Question Ball Python Rarely Hides

I recently purchased my first ball python, after months or researching. I thought i was prepared, I also have a very close friend with 20 ball pythons so i recive a lot of pro advice. I bought from a petstore i don't normally work with, only because i have loyalty another petstore the petstore i bought him from had him and his brother in a tank with aspen, and a water bowl. no hides, no plants, just aspen. he's around four months old. I got him on wednesday the 6th, and converted him to frozen/thawed/blow dried mouse hoppers that friday (i'm proud don't ruin it). he's normally always roaming around his tank, climbing on his plants or his hides. when he does settle down he lays in the corner of his tank in between the medium and hot hides. his tank is relatively dark at night and pitch black during the day. i have covered sides and a towel over 3/4 of the screen top. Is it because of the constant darkness ? Is it because he's not used to having or using hides? (he hid the first two days i had him) Am i doing something terribly wrong?

•Tank-20L
    •Hot Side- 90degrees
    •Cold Side- 78-80
    •Hides- Plants, Hot Hide, Medium Hide, Cold Hide.
    •Water Dish- Middle of tank.
    •Heat Source- Uth
    •Substrate- Newspaper on the very bottom w/ Repti-bark over it.
    •Humidity- 50-60 (it ranges but i try to keep it at 60)
    Last edited by Anna Franks; 09-13-2017 at 02:39 AM. Reason: I cannot spell, i have huge fake nails, and you people scare me.