Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 58,416
Threads: 227,513
Posts: 2,344,775
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, honeybee

» September 2017

S M T W T F S
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 906 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1987 View Post
    Should I move the indoor out door probe I have on the hot side as well? The cord isn't long enough to go from inside the tank on the cool side to the outside of the tank to the hot side. I haven't had a problem with it moving. I had the cord buried from the cool side where the gage is to the other side of the tank words the hot side
    are you talking about the thermoMETER probe? if so, then yes that can stay inside the enclosure.
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 2014 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 2016 Coral Glow/Banana (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)

    0.1 2017 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean) &

    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  2. #12
    Registered User Amanda1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-05-2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    These are my gages now that I've adjusted them. 88.7 is hot side 82 is cool side. Ambient is 73.5 but I just hooked my lights back up. Thermometer is reading different then the thermostat still.

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 906 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1987 View Post
    These are my gages now that I've adjusted them. 88.7 is hot side 82 is cool side. Ambient is 73.5 but I just hooked my lights back up. Thermometer is reading different then the thermostat still.

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
    where is the thermostat probe for the warm side located? what is the cool side thermostat regulating, a light?
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 2014 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 2016 Coral Glow/Banana (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)

    0.1 2017 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean) &

    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  4. #14
    Registered User Amanda1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-05-2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    where is the thermostat probe for the warm side located? what is the cool side thermostat regulating, a light?
    The probe is under the substrate under the hide. The cool side is regulating another under tank heating pad. It is programmed to 79. My house gets really cold at night. So I thought I'd give it a try with two heating pads

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 906 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1987 View Post
    The probe is under the substrate under the hide. The cool side is regulating another under tank heating pad. It is programmed to 79. My house gets really cold at night. So I thought I'd give it a try with two heating pads

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
    you need to move BOTH thermostat probes OUTSIDE of the enclosure as i have already stated in my earlier post.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 09-13-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 2014 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 2016 Coral Glow/Banana (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)

    0.1 2017 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean) &

    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  6. #16
    Registered User Amanda1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-05-2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    you need to move BOTH thermostat probes OUTSIDE of the enclosure as i have already stated in my earlier post.
    I did. Both thermostat probes are on the outside of the tank. I left the indoor outdoor thermometer on the inside

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 906 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1987 View Post
    I did. Both thermostat probes are on the outside of the tank. I left the indoor outdoor thermometer on the inside

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
    my apologies for the misunderstanding. now you'll have to monitor the bottom of each side of the enclosure and adjust the thermostats accordingly. my warm side UTH is set at (i think) 95 to achieve a 90 hot spot at the bottom of the enclosure.
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 2014 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 2016 Coral Glow/Banana (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)

    0.1 2017 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean) &

    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  8. #18
    Registered User Amanda1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-05-2017
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    my apologies for the misunderstanding. now you'll have to monitor the bottom of each side of the enclosure and adjust the thermostats accordingly. my warm side UTH is set at (i think) 95 to achieve a 90 hot spot at the bottom of the enclosure.
    Mine is set to 90 and thermometer says it's 82 but it keeps adjusting
    I'll keep an eye on it today. Thank you for your help.

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

  9. #19
    BPnet Veteran tttaylorrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-10-2014
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    2,077
    Thanks
    1,239
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 906 Posts
    Images: 32

    Re: New to snakes.. need help

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda1987 View Post
    Mine is set to 90 and thermometer says it's 82 but it keeps adjusting
    I'll keep an eye on it today. Thank you for your help.

    Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk
    you'll have to let it run for an hour or so to see if they stabilize at the right temperatures. just keep an eye on it and keep dialing everything in; you'll get there.
    1.2 Ball Python
    1.0 2014 Albino (Yellow Lemon Lemongrab)
    0.1 2016 Coral Glow/Banana (Spaghetti Marinara Noodle)

    0.1 2017 Super Cinnamon (Coffee Bean) &

    1.0 Corn Snake
    1.0 ?? Hypo ("Corny" Cornelius)


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

    Amanda1987 (09-13-2017)

  11. #20
    Registered User SDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2017
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 76 Times in 47 Posts
    Just a heads up as well. Your snake's body can and will raise the temperature near any probe it rests on. I have thermometer probes under my hot and cold hides and he will raise the cold side by as much as 4 degrees while in a hide and the hot by up to 3 degrees

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1