Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,116

0 members and 3,116 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What are the strangest bp myths you have heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Joci View Post
    Actually as a Christian, I know that the Bible uses several different animals in metaphors to represent Satan, including lions as well as snakes. It never says that snakes are evil.
    I mean no disrespect. I apologize for the over-generalization.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joci View Post
    Actually as a Christian, I know that the Bible uses several different animals in metaphors to represent Satan, including lions as well as snakes. It never says that snakes are evil.
    But it still portrays snakes as Satan, and isn't Satan supposed to be evil, according to Christians? So, yes, it does 'say' that snakes are evil.
    And just because 'several different animals' are used to represent Satan, doesn't mean that's its any less harmful to snakes as a species.
    Do you ever hear people say 'Lions should be killed because they are sinful and disgusting creatures'?. If anything lions are seen as majestic and beautiful animals that are meant to be respected, so bringing them up makes no sense.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

Thanks

One myth I heard was that these were easy and fairly cheap pets to care for

Between trying to get all the temps right (hot side, cold side, ambient, humidity) and food preparation....it makes caring for my two young children easy.

Plus I felt liked I've spent a ton of money on heating devices (UTHs, TStat) and now I'm jacking up the temps to heat a room just for my snek Granted I probably purchased some things that I didn't need but I guess you learn these things....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ckuhn003 For This Useful Post:

Sunnieskys (09-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    I think it is ridiculous that people will own a 100 pound dog with huge canines and think its cool, but are terrified that a 6 pound snake might bite! I'd MUCH rather get bit by my snakes (which has NEVER happened), than get bit by a dog! yet dogs are socially accepted, serpents are "evil".
    same here, except i've been bitten plenty of times by snakes. I'd take a snake bite over a dog bite any day. The strangest thing iv'e ever head about bps, or snakes in general, is that they let the devil come into your house. (thanks grandma).
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dylan815 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-13-2017)

Thanks

Thanks you for clearing that up about the religions. I never actually knew that, all I knew is that snakes are used to portray Satan. Thanks again!

And it's kind of ridiculous what people come up with. Sometimes I thinks they're pulling it out of their rears, if you know what I mean. I love my dog with all my heart but there is no way anyone can argue that my ball python can hurt me more than him lolololol.

I particularly enjoy this chain because it, to me, is like a lighthearted rant chain. Hahaha, ill be sure to let you guys know the next interesting myth I hear.
    Dewey
    He ain't scare of no things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    Thanks you for clearing that up about the religions. I never actually knew that, all I knew is that snakes are used to portray Satan. Thanks again!

And it's kind of ridiculous what people come up with. Sometimes I thinks they're pulling it out of their rears, if you know what I mean. I love my dog with all my heart but there is no way anyone can argue that my ball python can hurt me more than him lolololol.

I particularly enjoy this chain because it, to me, is like a lighthearted rant chain. Hahaha, ill be sure to let you guys know the next interesting myth I hear.
    Haha, I was hoping that it would be a lighthearted rant! 😂

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PythonBabes View Post
    But it still portrays snakes as Satan, and isn't Satan supposed to be evil, according to Christians? So, yes, it does 'say' that snakes are evil.
    And just because 'several different animals' are used to represent Satan, doesn't mean that's its any less harmful to snakes as a species.
    Do you ever hear people say 'Lions should be killed because they are sinful and disgusting creatures'?. If anything lions are seen as majestic and beautiful animals that are meant to be respected, so bringing them up makes no sense.
    My point was simply that if people don't like snakes because they are used to represent Satan, then shouldn't they hate lions as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elleon View Post
    I mean no disrespect. I apologize for the over-generalization.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
    I understand, no need for an apology

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

Thanks

"Can't they get out and kill you in your sleep?" Credit= coworker. The eyeroll I gave them I think sufficiently explained the stupidity of their comment lol
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

Thanks

What is with people and the whole "in your sleep" thing lol. I always find that people think for some odd reason my snake has more of a desire to kill me while I'm sleeping. And I also don't understand why people seem to think that snakes can just "get out" whenever they want. Haha, I mean, they can if you don't take precaution, but if I have a locking door and a locking lid how the hell is my snake gonna open that?? "hold on just lemme take out my arms and hands for a sec"~ no snake ever
    Dewey
    He ain't scare of no things

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    What is with people and the whole "in your sleep" thing lol. I always find that people think for some odd reason my snake has more of a desire to kill me while I'm sleeping. And I also don't understand why people seem to think that snakes can just "get out" whenever they want. Haha, I mean, they can if you don't take precaution, but if I have a locking door and a locking lid how the hell is my snake gonna open that?? "hold on just lemme take out my arms and hands for a sec"~ no snake ever
    Lol 😂

What many people think: *highly dangerous 18 foot long snake easily slips out of tank and eats owner in sleep*

Reality: *Baby snake gently noses screen* a few minutes later *Baby snake goes back to hide*

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast