Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,556

1 members and 1,555 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

New California King

Hello Snake Friends...

I am now a proud parent of a female Banana California King. She is just a baby but absolutely beautiful.
    I thought I would branch out of my Ball Python family and a different type of snake.

I would love to post pictures but can't seem to find the easiest way to accomplish that (I am not really tech savy!!! )

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: New California King

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Hello Snake Friends...

I am now a proud parent of a female Banana California King. She is just a baby but absolutely beautiful.
    I thought I would branch out of my Ball Python family and a different type of snake.

I would love to post pictures but can't seem to find the easiest way to accomplish that (I am not really tech savy!!! )

welcome to the forum!!!

if you have a smartphone, you can download the app TapaTalk and upload pictures straight from you phone's gallery. we love pictures!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Yes, I looked at that but it is confusing... LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Yes, I looked at that but it is confusing... LOL
    then you can use an image host like imgur.com to upload your photos and then share them here.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    then you can use an image host like imgur.com to upload your photos and then share them here.

OK.. I will take a look at that. Thank you

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Kingsnakes!! I have an adult Cal King who is my favorite snake of all time, and have kept Kings in the past as well.

I hope you figure out how to share some pics!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Kingsnakes!! I have an adult Cal King who is my favorite snake of all time, and have kept Kings in the past as well.

I'm usually into Ball pythons but last weekend was the BIG reptile expo and felt like a kid in a candy store...lol
    When I came across the kingsnakes I thought "Hmmmm"!!!
    I have read a lot on them and find them very interesting and totally different from balls. So when I saw the banana cal king I fell in love. Although, the banana color is almost like a pastel cream color. I always thought banana was yellowish (like my Banana ball I have).

Anyways, she is a baby which takes some getting used to for me. I heard they grow slowly, is that true?
    And I hardly ever see her because she barries herself in the aspen substrate, and then when I don't see her I panic thinking she escaped... lol

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

New California King

I'm usually into Ball pythons but last weekend was the BIG reptile expo and felt like a kid in a candy store...lol
    I have read a lot on them and find them very interesting and totally different from balls. So when I saw the banana cal king I fell in love. Although, the banana color is almost like a pastel cream color. I always thought banana was yellowish (like my Banana ball I have).

Anyways, she is a baby which takes some getting used to for me. I heard they grow slowly, is that true?
    And I hardly ever see her because she barries herself in the aspen substrate, and then when I don't see her I panic thinking she escaped... lol
    I'd agree that they do seem to be slower growing than my other types of snakes !!

She sounds stunning !

Try her on a shallow bed of dark coloured Orchid bark She won't bury as much and the dark colour will make her colours POP !! ( stand out ) ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 09-14-2017 at 07:53 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Jus1More (09-14-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Oh they are definitely different from BPs. Juveniles are super quick and flighty and take some time to get used to handling when you're used to BPs. Make sure your enclosure is definitely escape proof, they can squeeze through some tiny openings.

They do grow slow, compared to BPs anyway. You'll see more of her as she ages. My boy will very rarely burrow these days and is far more active than my BP.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post

Ok.. I'm trying this tapatalk and I'm stumped on how to get pics to load...

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (09-14-2017),Starscream (09-14-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast