So my ball python, Seven, has been quite fiesty since I got her, an agressive feeder, has some days where she would trike at me, but overall, perfectly calm and docile when picked up. I've had her for about 2 months, and she's never given me any trouble when handling her. She's perfectly relaxed, will hold on to my arm, and crawl around. Until about a week ago where she did something very weird. I was showing her to some of my friends, and she was fine, not tensing or balling up, then suddenly started constrivting around my hand, very very tightly, and trying to bite me. Now, im not mistaking it for her holding on for support, it's completely different. She's very small (147 g) and she was REALLY tight around my hand, with all her muscles really tense, and it was very difficult to pry her off. She had never acted this way before.

Since then, she's started to do that ocassionally, which makes me a little nervous about handling. Not that she could do my any harm, but im also worried about hurting her when prying her off. She will be fine one moment, and then start wrapping around my hand and tightening a lot, and usually I would put her down then.

So:

-My hands don't smell of food when I handle her

-Could she have gotten scared of people when I was showing her?

-Why is she acting like this? Have you ever had a ball python that did this?

-What should I do in that situation? Should I handle her daily? Should I be putting her back in her tank when she does this?