Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,517

5 members and 2,512 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Menelas (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

What would be the possibilities with this pairing?

This is a hypothetical question and I currently have no intention of doing it.
    Anyway, two of my favorite morphs are the Super black pastel, and the Blue eyed Lucy. So if you were to breed a Lesser black Pastel to a lesser black Pastel, you would have a 1/4 chance to get Either the BEL and the Super Black pastel? Also, could you get the super forms of both genes in one snake? What would that even look like since the morphs contradict each other? Im sorry to say at that moment I just dont know how the genetics of bps works very well, please excuse me for my ignorance. Though I would like to do this pairing I have no intention to breed bps at this time, Maybe in the future this would be a fun project for me though.

Thanks
    Here's a tool that can help you out:
    https://www.morphmarket.com/c/reptil...ic-calculator/
    0.1 Super Lesser (Belle) 1.0 Genetic Stripe BP (Toast)
    1.0 Lavender Albino PH Snow
    0.2 DPH Albino Snow 0.1 Normal (Edith) 3,200g 0.1 Kingpin
    1.0 Lesser Silverstreak 1.0 Champagne 0.1 Black Pastel
    1.0 Lesser 1.0 Mexican Black KS (Lopez) 0.0.1 Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: What would be the possibilities with this pairing?

Quote Originally Posted by tegu View Post
    This is a hypothetical question and I currently have no intention of doing it.
    Anyway, two of my favorite morphs are the Super black pastel, and the Blue eyed Lucy. So if you were to breed a Lesser black Pastel to a lesser black Pastel, you would have a 1/4 chance to get Either the BEL and the Super Black pastel? Also, could you get the super forms of both genes in one snake? What would that even look like since the morphs contradict each other? Im sorry to say at that moment I just dont know how the genetics of bps works very well, please excuse me for my ignorance. Though I would like to do this pairing I have no intention to breed bps at this time, Maybe in the future this would be a fun project for me though.
    based on the Morph Calculator for Lesser Black Pastel x Lesser Black Pastel: 25% of the clutch would be Lesser Black Pastel (two-gene), and you have a 13% chance of the clutch having single-gene Lessers or Black Pastels. yes there is a chance for the Super Black Pastel Super Lesser with this pairing, but that is a 6% chance.

EDIT: Monty beat me...i'm getting slow
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 09-11-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts
    u would have a 25% of creating a SBP or BEL Super Lesser. the chances pure Super's of each are 6%, otherwise the Super's would have another gene.

yes, u can make a double Super. i would imagine that the leucism would overpower the SPB genes and u would have an all white snake. an 8-Ball Lesser is already a very light snake with hints of silver. i think it would be really difficult to tell w/o proving/breeding out all the genes that would be at play in an all-white Super.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    u would have a 25% of creating a SBP or BEL Super Lesser. the chances pure Super's of each are 6%, otherwise the Super's would have another gene.

yes, u can make a double Super. i would imagine that the leucism would overpower the SPB genes and u would have an all white snake. an 8-Ball Lesser is already a very light snake with hints of silver. i think it would be really difficult to tell w/o proving/breeding out all the genes that would be at play in an all-white Super.
    Ok so if you got a Super Lesser black Pastel or a Super Black pastel Lesser would you only see the super froms visually?
    Or would there be patterning?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tegu View Post
    Ok so if you got a Super Lesser black Pastel or a Super Black pastel Lesser would you only see the super froms visually?
    Or would there be patterning?
    there would be not visible pattern on the on the Super Lesser Black Pastel. any pattern would be obliterated by the leucism. i've seen alotta peeps trying to add pattern to a Super Lesser/Butter via Cinny, Leopard, GHI, etc. and they would still come out all white.

i haven't seen extra genes add any real pattern to SBP's, Super Cinny's or 8-Ball's. it usually just changes the coloration. here's a clutch that included 8-Ball Lessers: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Black-Pastel)
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292